NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Job Description – Personal Assistant
Job Title: Personal Assistant
Location: Roscommon Town
Overall Purpose of the job:
To enable the Leader to achieve maximum independence in his daily living, by providing assistance in all areas of personal and domestic need, and by acting as a support in the social and day-to- day activities of the Leader. By having assistance at the right time the Leader, is enabled to lead an individual and independent lifestyle.
Main Duties / Responsibilities:
- Personal Hygiene, including assistance with taking a shower / bath, washing / combing hair, assistance in the toilet, etc.
- Housework that the Leader requires, including making / changing bed, washing / ironing clothes, cleaning bathroom, kitchen, etc.
- Provide effective personal care and support in a way which maintains the privacy, dignity and safety of the Leader at all times.
- Support the Leader in a safe manner when using aids where appropriate, e.g. hoists
- Preparation and cooking of meals and washing up.
- Accompany the Leader on Social outings.
- Accept and carry out all instructions diligently.
- Behave in a reliable and trustworthy manner at all times.
- Have clean personal habits.
- Willing to attend all training sessions.
- Communicate effectively with the Leader and their relatives.
- Be reliable and dependable. Arrive at the work at the time specified and work the full amount of time allocated.
The Personal Assistant must be willing to accept instructions and to follow the directions and requests of his / her Leader.
Please note this position is subject to successful Garda Vetting.
If you are interested in this position please send C, V. Cover Letter and supporting documents (copies of any certificates obtained and two references) Quoting Reference RC12019 to email@example.com to arrive by 5pm Friday the 15th March 2019