NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Personal Assistants wanted ro assist a woman with a disability to live an Independent life
Hours: 10 – 12/14 hours a week (2/3 Positions available)
Location: Greystones Co Wicklow
Salary: € 12.50 (Basic) per hour €14 Sunday rate
Background: I’m 66, with a physical disability neuro muscular disorder a wheelchair user and partially deaf I am a former Lecturer in Social Care. I still work doing some disability equality training from time to time and lead a very independent life. I am currently writing my memoirs I am looking for a committed person to assist me with my daily living needs. Work is generally routine most tasks are well defined, but can have considerable variation; some phases of the work are less well defined and may require ability to work on own initiative. I enjoy nature and have a dog.
Overall Purpose of the job:
To enable me to achieve maximum independence in my daily living, by providing assistance in all areas of personal and domestic need, and by acting as a support in the social and day-to- day activities. By having assistance at the right time I am, enabled to lead an individual and independent lifestyle. An understanding of the Independent Living Model / Social Model of Disability is important in this role as a Personal Assistant.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Physically assisting with preparation of cooking meals...
- Light General domestic duties, ironing washing and hovering cleaning the kitchen floor bathroom shopping etc.
- Assistance with personal care
- Driving to meetings events as required. Assistance tasks such as taking notes on my behalf at such meetings and events etc.
- Physically assisting with any other tasks that I may require to undertake. For example: writing letters filling out forms keeping accurate records receipts book keeping with guidance etc. from me.
- Physically assisting with packing for holidays or conferences etc.
- Accompany me at Social Activities attending theater shoes concert conferences events etc.
This position may suit some who has the following
An understanding of disability and the Independent Living Model Philosophy / Social Model of disability
Ability to be pay close attention to detail and follow instruction
Fluency in English essential both verbal and written
Trustworthiness – aware of the importance of confidentiality (respect privacy),
Patience, sense of humor and positive thinking would be a distinct advantage
Ability to think outside of the box
Some evening, antisocial and weekend hours will be required
Clean driving license and a competent driver,
- FETAC Level 5 in Social Care or caring industry or equivalent experience
- Manual handling experience / qualification essential
- Must be available to attend mandatory training sessions as required
Please note this position is subject to successful Garda Vetting.
If interested please email CV cover letter two references and any certificate gained with code G1 to email@example.com
Closing Date March 15th 2019 at 5pm