- Ideally 1-3 years experience in marketing/events administration/coordination.
- Experience in building and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Customer focused, meticulous and excellent communicator.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, with the ability to self motivate and think positively.
- BA/BS degree. Ideally in marketing, PR, sales, events or business.
- Experience of working in events fundraising and/or the non profit sector.
- Experience of database analysis and management, ideally Raisers Edge, Dublin Simon Community’s fundraising database.
- Understanding of homeless issues in Ireland.
- Passion for helping people, with the ability to work in a constantly changing environment with a problem-solving attitude.
About the job:
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and passionate person looking to develop a career in fundraising and events. As the Community & Events Account Executive, you’ll design and deliver public fundraising campaigns and events, while working closely with the Events Fundraising Team to achieve income targets. From developing relationships with sponsors to securing donations through events and community fundraising, you’ll manage Dublin Simon Community’s funding initiatives, helping to change the lives of our clients. You’ll support the overall activities, continuously improving donor care processes. You’ll report to the Community & Events Fundraising Manager. As well as our induction program, you will be provided with 10 training days throughout the year, ensuring you have the support and training to succeed in this role.
- To project manage and coordinate a number of key internal events, building positive relationships with donors, maximising potential income and reaching monthly targets while maintaining existing and recruiting new prospects. Producing materials, project management, identifying new and innovative opportunities to support growth in this area.
- To assist the Corporate Fundraising & Events Manager with development and management of existing events. This will include producing materials, project management, identifying new and innovative opportunities to support growth in this area.
- Design and deliver engagement programme for existing and new regular givers.
- KPI’s will be set on a monthly basis. The successful candidate will keep management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as weekly work plans and monthly and annual target reports.
- To prepare and deliver presentations, proposals, plans and contact reports as necessary for donor meetings as required.
- To evaluate and document partnership, manage, monitor and co-ordinate donor satisfaction and complaints, ensuring all activity is recorded accurately on Raisers Edge database (CRM).
- Actively seek new business opportunities that engage and inspire existing individual accounts, community groups, schools and churches while continuously seeking to improve account service levels.
- Work with the Communications and Volunteer departments on recruitment opportunities for volunteer champions and networks.
- Proactively find ways to improve and streamline processes.
Location & Working Hours:
Cope Street, Dublin. 9am - 5:30pm, including some evening and weekend commitments.
At Dublin Simon Community, we are passionate about making home a reality. Our aim is to empower people to access and retain a home by providing housing, prevention, addiction treatment, emergency response and other targeted interventions, through advocacy and partnership. If you share our values and want to make a difference also, come talk to us at Dublin Simon Community. We’re looking for client focused, friendly and adaptable people to join our team.
Apply for the position
Application due date: 24/03/2019
For queries relating to this position please telephone (01) 635 4800