Respond Support is one of the largest and most experienced providers of locally based community services in Ireland, supporting the youngest, the oldest and the most vulnerable in our communities.
Respond! Support is pleased to invite applications for the following position:
Nurse Co-Ordinator - Located in Blackpool Day Care Centre, Cork – Part Time
THE PURPOSE OF THE ROLE: To manage the day to day running of the Day Care Centre in Blackpool, Cork
TERMS: Part Time 24 Hours Per Week – Monday to Wednesday
- To manage and participate in the Multi-disciplinary team attached to the Day Care Centre.
- To co-ordinate provision of services required by older persons liaising in particular with Physiotherapy, Dietetics, and Podiatry.
- To ensure that Day Care Places are filled.
- To organise appropriate nursing, care and support programmes on a daily basis suitable for clients.
- To participate in the admissions / discharge procedure of the Centre.
- To establish and maintain records of attendance, nursing care, statistical information, annual returns, and any other information as may be requested by the Area Manager or Director of Public Health Nursing or Respond Support
- To manage and deploy Day Care Centre staff, to achieve maximum productivity and continuity of care.
- Carry out Performance Reviews with staff and conduct monthly one to one feedback sessions.
- Develop care plans, which are individual, appropriate, and interactive and regularly evaluated.
- Participate in the drafting and implementation of agreed standards, policies and procedures, ensuring all Day Care Centre Staff are familiar with and operate within the framework of these documents
- Liaise with families and friends of Clients.
- Liaise with Medical services within the community e.g. General Practitioner, Public Health Nurse.
- Registered in the General Division of the Live Register of Nurses maintained by An Bord Altranais
- Relevant 3 level qualification
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar management position
- Experience working with Older People
- IT Skills
To apply: Please email CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications is: FRIDAY 22ND FEBRUARY 2019