Senior Manager – Day Services (Grade VII)
Applications are invited for the above full time permanent position from all suitably qualified individuals:
Stewarts Care Ltd. is a voluntary organisation providing comprehensive community based services to people with an intellectual disability. We support people with a wide range of support needs across residential settings, day services, supported independent living, job advocacy and vocational training.
Stewarts Care strives to present optimum lifestyle choices in the areas of recreation, arts, sport and cultural opportunities to the people we support.
This post is located in Stewarts of Kilcloon, Co Meath. Kilcloon is located 20 minutes’ drive from Palmerstown or 15 minutes from Maynooth and Dunboyne. Stewarts of Kilcloon offers a wide range of activities for Service Users. Our Equestrian Centre provides recreational and therapeutic horse-riding. Pottery is designed and hand-made onsite in our training area. We also provide activities in Horticulture, Catering and Arts & Crafts. All training programmes for service users aim to promote community inclusion, social skills, independence and life skills.
Purpose of the Post
This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate who will have responsibility for providing managerial and professional leadership in the running of assigned area(s) of responsibility within Day Services.
The Senior Manager will influence future service delivery and development in line with best practice, using a Person Centred approach in accordance with New Directions Standards.
The Senior Manager will contribute to the future direction of area(s) of responsibility being accountable for the delivery and standards of care provided to day attendees.
Duties include responding to the changing needs of day attendees within available resources. Evaluate and improve the effectiveness of care to develop and implement a plan to achieve improved standards
To be considered for this post applicants must demonstrate the following:
- A minimum of five years’ experience working with adults with intellectual disability essential.
- A minimum of five years’ experience working in a management role is essential.
- In-depth knowledge of the New Directions (Interim) Standards and knowledge of national policies in the disability sector.
- Ability to work strategically ensuring effective planning and delivery of services within budget.
- Ability to build effective internal and external relationships, including staff, families, HSE etc.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent ICT skills.
- Report writing skills with strong attention to detail.
- Have successfully completed a degree (Honours) in Social Care, Nursing, or Training & Education discipline desirable.
Job description may be obtained by contacting the HR Department.
Informal enquiries to Ms Siobhan Kearins, Director of Care-Day Services @ 01-6264444
Applications should include CV and cover letter:
Email: HR@stewartscare.ie or by Post: HR Dept., Stewart’s Care Ltd, Palmerstown, D. 20.
Closing date: 17.00, 26th February 2019.
Stewarts Care Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer