Administrator / Facilitator (AF)
MCD CLG is looking to recruit a reliable office administrator with additional general operative responsibilities. They will undertake administrative tasks, ensuring the rest of the staff has adequate support to work efficiently, and facilitate the carrying out of all other duties as required. The ideal candidate will be competent in prioritising and working with little supervision. They will be self-motivated and trustworthy. The AF will report to the manager. This position is for a 39 hour week and will require work hours to be flexible to facilitate events and operations that take place daily and on weekends.
- Reporting To: The Centre Manager
- Working hours: 39 hours per week over seven days, to be agreed on a weekly rota.
- Location: Mucklagh Community Centre
- €20,280 per annum
- Pension MCD CLG does not operate a pension scheme. However, MCD CLG is prepared to facilitate deductions from the Employee’s salary and the payment thereof to the employees chosen pension scheme MCD CLG will not be making contribution
- Expenses: Will be paid at civil service rates.
- Duration of ContractTwo Years
- Probation : The Probationary Period will be 9 months (with appraisals at three and six month intervals)
- Annual Leave : 22 Days per annual leave
Such responsibilities as are appropriate to the position as may be assigned from time to time and will include but are not limited to:
- Acting as the first point of contact and answering the phone and dealing with queries as directed.
- Taking booking requests and e-mailing confirmation of same.
- Liaising with manager/operations assistant to ensure booking requirements are assigned e.g. hall/room set up.
- Typing correspondence, forms, minutes, letters, memos etc. as directed.
- Filing, scanning and archiving.
- Maintaining appointments and
- Maintaining bookings diary and ensuring requirements are met for any booking e.g. sports equipment, tables, chairs, coffee/tea etc.
- Ensuring competent financial practices in conjunction with manager and company treasurer.
- Issuing of receipt and recording of cash received in the case of minor transactions (Petty Cash).
- Opening, distribution and sending of post, emails etc. as directed.
- Ordering and maintaining office stationery and equipment etc.
- rating office machines.
- Inputting data as directed.
- Produce monthly reports for the Management team.
- Attend meetings with Manager if required.
- Maintaining up to date records e.g. Contact Details of Suppliers, Tradespersons, Repair services, Refuse contractor etc.
- Ensure compliance with necessary Health & Safety standards and work practices, GDPR etc and upskill as required.
- Other admin duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Providing support during the execution of work to ensure contractual requirements are being met
- Setting up/Taking down sports equipment as required for bookings
- Setting up hall/meeting rooms for bookings as required e.g. setting outtables, chairs, crockery, cutlery, water etc as directed by the manager
- Providing refreshments if required
- Light cleaning duties e.g. sweeping, hoovering, mopping, emptying bins etc as directed by the manager.
- Up to date First Aid training an advantage.
- Successful completion of Garda vetting is a requirement prior to commencement of employment.
- This list is not exhaustive.
- Proven experience as an office administrator, office assistant or similar role (minimum 2 years).
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and office management software
- Relevant qualification in business/secretarial/office administration (Minimum Level 5 QQI/PLC or 3rd Level qualification)
- Experience of Bookkeeping and SAGE or similar accounts package.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, flexibility and the ability to work as part of a team.
Mucklagh Community Development CLG particularly welcomes applicants from the following categories:
- Persons in receipt of Jobseeker’s Benefit (JB), Jobseeker’s Assistance (JA), one parent family payment (OPF) or the Jobseeker Transitional Payment.
- Persons in receipt of disability allowance (DA), invalidity pension, blind person’s pension or other disability benefit.
- Stabilised and recovering drug mis-users
- People employed from Tùs, gateway, Community Employment (CE) and the Job Initiatives (JI) schemes are deemed eligible but cannot simultaneously hold a CSP and Tùs/Gateway/CE/JI/RSS position. Former RSS workers who were previously CE are also eligible.
- People with convictions who are in contact with the probation service.
This is a community Services Programme supported position where priority will be given to applicants from these target groups.
For further information on CSP employment eligibility please go to https://www.pobal.ie/programmes/community-services-programme-csp
Applicants for this role are requested to submit a letter of application and a copy of their CV via email by 5pm on Monday 18th February 2019 to email@example.com Please include the code AP2 and Job Title being applied for (Administrator/Facilitator) in the subject bar.
Interviews are provisionally scheduled for the week commencing Monday 25th February 20198.