Mucklagh Community Development CLG (MCD CLG)
Community Centre Manager
The Community Centre Manager will be responsible for the overall management of all daily operations of the Centre which includes the sports hall, community rooms, office space, kitchen and outdoor areas. This position is for a 39 hour week and will require work hours to be flexible to facilitate events and operations that take place daily and on weekends.
The Centre Manager will have good interpersonal skills and have the ability to effectively lead a team. They will have a friendly and welcoming manner and will oversee the management and engagement of clients and activities, as well as managing staff employed directly by the Centre and member volunteers. The manager will liaise with supervisors of staff employed on CE/Tùs schemes, and will direct them accordingly. The manager will supervise all tradespersons/contractors and regarding work in the facility.
The Centre Manager will report directly to the MCD CLG Board of Directors/Centre Management Committee and will liaise on a weekly basis with the company Chairperson. The Centre Manager will be the main point of contact for the Centre, and, in line with the Community Centre’s Mission Statement, will endeavour to provide a positive focal point for the local community in an inclusive way through the provision of a space which supports the promotion of participation in educational, recreational and community activities, whilst maximising the use of the centre.
- Reporting To: MCD CLG Board of Directors/Centre Management Committee
- Working Hours: 39 hours per week over 7 days to be agreed on a weekly rota
- Location Mucklagh Community Centre
- Salary €32,000 per annum
- Pension MCD CLG does not operate a pension scheme. However, MCD CLG is prepared to facilitate deductions from the Employee’s salary and the payment thereof to the employees chosen pension scheme. MCD CLG will not be making contribution
- Expenses: Will be paid at civil service rates.
- Duration of Contract Two Years
- Probation : The Probationary Period will be 9 months (with appraisals at three and six month intervals)
- Annual Leave : 22 Days per annual leave
Tasks will include but are not limited to:
- To act as first point of contact for the Community Centre
- To be responsible for the day to day running of the Centre including handling cash, accounts packages, bank lodgement etc.,
- Ensuring competent financial practices in conjunction with company treasurer and appointed company accountant.
- Delegating duties to staff members, as required, to facilitate bookings.
- Maintaining appointments and arranging meetings as directed.
- Maintaining bookings diary and ensuring requirements are communicated for any booking e.g. sports equipment, tables, chairs, coffee/tea etc.
- Communicate with all staff and volunteers on an interim basis and ensure a good professional work environment. To lead the team by example and resolve issues in a fair and transparent manner in line with MCD CLG’s policies.
- Develop a close working relationship with stakeholders, and local community groups to ensure there is a suitable healthy environment for everyone using the centre.
- Market and actively promote the Centre to attract new clients, maximise off peak usage, promote all the projects and services offered within the Centre in order to advance the interests of the centre to ensure both maximum uptake and positive impact for our local community.
- Liaising with local community groups and service users re: levels of service received. Promote local community involvement and help identify local needs and assist in developing programmes to meet those needs on an ongoing basis.
- Identify and liaise with disadvantaged groups in the area and assist in developing activities and services to support them.
- Communicating with Directors, Management Committee Members, Sub-Committee Members, General Members (via e-mail, Text-, website, notice boards etc) etc. as directed by BOD
- Deliver a monthly Manager’s report to the Board of Directors monthly meeting and any other documentation as directed.
- To maintain confidentiality on all matters relating to the Centre’s users and general Centre business
- To liaise and develop relationships with relevant statutory and voluntary agencies and local community networks and maintain all relevant paperwork re: same.
- To attend and participate in relevant meetings as deemed appropriate by the Board of Directors/Centre Management Committee and/or the Centre funding agencies.
- To monitor and evaluate all projects within the Centre as requested by the Board of Directors/Centre Management Committee.
- To source and gain information on any additional funding opportunities for the centre and complete all relevant funding applications
- To represent the centre during projects by responding to and resolving emergency situations and ensure all aspects of projects/events are implemented and controlled according to plans.
- To have excellent problem solving abilities and have the ability to resolve challenging situations in a calm, effective and timely manner.
- Preparing orders, requisitions etc. for signature.
- Compiling statistics and summarising information in accordance with straightforward and well-established procedures, e.g. the preparation of estimates of cost and returns.
- Maintaining inventory of Centre property and manage any loans/returns.
- Ensure compliance with necessary Health & Safety standards and work practices, and update as required. Ensure staff and centre users’ health and safety is prioritised at all times.
- To develop MCD CLG Policy in conjunction with the Board of Directors/Centre Management Committee in relation to such things as Staff Handbook, Health and Safety Statement, Policy handbook etc and to review and update annually, or more often, as required.
- To participate in all relevant training programmes and to identify the training needs of staff.
- Successful completion of Garda vetting is a requirement prior to commencement of employment.
- This list is not exhaustive.
Skills and experience
- Strong staff management experience
- Experience of Managerial, Financial and Administrative duties. Co-ordinating and prioritising work and activities of self and others.
- Background in community/voluntary sector an advantage
- Excellent IT skills with knowledge of MS office and office management software accounts packages and SAGE.
- Ability to work flexibly and on own initiative
- Ability to communicate with wide and diverse range of groups and individuals
- Must have proven work and attendance record
- A third level qualification in a relevant field is desirable.
- Up to date First Aid training an advantage.
- Manual Handling Certification an advantage
- Minimum 3 years managerial experience in a community Centre or other similar facility/environment
- Relevant Qualification (QQI/PLC/3rd Level) in Community/Volunteer sector
- Previous experience working with voluntary or community groups.
- Outstanding management, communication and HR and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a proven work and attendance record
- Valid driver’s licence and car owner.
Applicants for this role are requested to submit a letter of application and a copy of their CV via email by 5pm on Monday 18th February 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include the code AP1 and Job Title being applied for (Community Centre Manager) in the subject bar.
Interviews are provisionally scheduled for the week commencing Monday 25th February 2019.