The CRC delivers a range of services to children and adults with disabilities both nationally and locally through our centres in Dublin, Limerick and Waterford and our Outreach Services. The mission of the CRC is that by working together we make a positive difference to the lives of people with disabilities, their families and carers. Our vision is that people with disabilities achieve their potential and live full lives as equal and valued citizens.
Community Support Worker – Rehabilitative Training
Two posts, (i) full-time 37hrs per week and (ii) part-time 22.2hrs per week, Specified Purpose Contracts based in Clontarf (Monday to Sunday roster). Flexibility to work some evening & weekends is essential. Due to the personal care aspect of the role, a female support worker is required.
Community Support Worker will have responsibility for supporting the individual goals of adults through a Person Centered Planning (PCP) process based on HSE New Directions Policy, as well as providing individualized personal care support as required. The person will be based in the Rehabilitative Training Centre Clontarf.
Applicants for this position should have the following essential criteria:
- Have a minimum of social studies or other relevant qualification such as Healthcare Support – QQI Level 5 is essential.
- Have the ability to plan and implement suitable activities in partnership with adults
- Ability to work on their own initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Have a good awareness of health & safety issues
- Excellent IT skills to include Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word applications.
- Be a creative and innovative team member with a strong commitment to the empowerment of people who have a disability
The following criteria are desirable but not essential:
- At least six months experience of working with adults with disabilities. This should include management of all aspects of personal care
- Level 6 QQI in social studies or other relevant qualification such as Healthcare Support
- A working knowledge of the New Directions policy
- The ability to plan and work with adults and their supports to ensure a meaningful day in line with their aspirations
- Acting as a Key Worker for adults with disabilities
- Have previous experience of working in a classroom environment is desirable
Informal enquiries to RT Programme Coordinator Amanda O’Connell, tel 8542396. Department of Health Salary Scale, Healthcare Assistant (Salary range €27,373 to €34,588 pro-rata). Applicants must demonstrate in their CV and supporting documentation how they meet the above criteria as short-listing will apply. A panel may be created for future vacancies in Adult Services.
Please forward a letter of application quoting reference number CRC12/19 for full-time post & CRC13/19 for part-time post with a full CV to; Human Resources Department, Central Remedial Clinic, Vernon Avenue, Clontarf, Dublin 3. Telephone 8542200, Fax 8542358 or email email@example.com. Applications must be received on or before 5pm, Thursday, 21st of February 2019.