NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Position Title: Painter
Nature & Scope: The job holder will have responsibility for painting, finishing, and maintaining of a wide variety of interior and exterior surfaces and structures.
Work Schedule: Fulltime 35 hours, 1 year FTC
Reports to: Painting Team Leader
- Apply paint, vinyl and wallpaper including special papers and fabrics to all walls, furniture and structures;
- Examine and maintain painted exterior and interior painted surfaces, trimming and fixtures;
- Prepare surfaces and apply paints, stains, shading stains, and clear finishes;
- Remove previous paint by means of sandblasting, scraping, sanding, hydro-blasting and/or steam-cleaning;
- Determine, cut and apply wallpaper or fabric to walls;
- Read blueprints and drawings of the premise for the execution of painting job;
- Estimate time and materials required and report to supervisor;
- Order paint supplies and materials through supervisor;
- Apply wood finishing by suitably preparing surface;
- Operate and maintain spray machines;
- Provide assistance to semi-skilled or unskilled workers;
- Operate and maintain various power and manual tools;
- Clean up job-site after work and return equipment and tools;
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment;
- Erect ladders as necessary in a manner consistent with safety codes;
- Offer assistance and advice on materials, designs, and colour;
- Assist in the writing of specifications for repairs
- Keep supervisor updated on progress;
- Perform other ad-hoc queries, as required by supervisor.
The successful candidate will have four years’ experience as a painter in a residential, commercial and industrial or facilities operations setting, both interior and exterior.
- Must be able to perform physical activities, such as lifting equipment;
- Must have a Safe Pass
- Must be able to safely use manual tools and power equipment common in the construction trades;
- Must be able to safely handle hazardous materials and exposure to electrical hazards.
To apply, please send a comprehensive CV & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating clearly which position you are applying for.
Closing date for all applications is Friday 22nd February 2019
Crosscare is an equal opportunities employer.