Team Leader - Job Description
Position Title: Team Leader
Programme: Crosscare residential homeless services
Crosscare, Clonliffe College, Dublin 3. Crosscare is the social care agency of the Dublin Diocese and is a registered charity.
Crosscare delivers services with a servant leadership ethos. Crosscare’s Homeless Services operate a range of residential services targeting adults experiencing homelessness. The services aim to move people out of homelessness and into homes of their own.
Work Schedule: Full Time 38.5 Hours per week - 7 day rota (including evening & weekends – Days )
Bentley House STA - Permanent
Cedar House STA – 6mts - Fixed Term Contract (Maternity Cover)
Bentley House, 1 Bentley Villas, Dun Laoghaire, Co Dublin
Cedar House STA, Marlborough Street, Dublin 1
Reports to: Deputy Project/Project Leader
- Secure the appropriate housing option for each individual and assist their move into the tenancy.
- Ensuring that team members are implementing the case management system, from referral stage to disengagement, including assessment, orientation, relationship management, development of individual plans and transition planning;
- Accompany residents to viewings and negotiate tenancy with Landlords.
- Liaise with Community Welfare Services re grants and provide settlement support until appropriate supports are put in place
- Have comprehensive knowledge of local facilities and support groups and to liaise with the key working team and broad range of external service providers including HSE, DCC, CPS, DOSP Community support groups, DRHE and other key stakeholders.
- Advocate for residents to ensure they are eligible for all rental and social welfare supports they are entitled to in relation to their housing move on.
- To keep detailed records of outcomes and numbers of individuals resettled as we are a target based service.
- Ensuring the efficient and safe functioning of the service taking into account up-to-date Health & Safety regulations and ensuring sufficient Health & Safety awareness amongst staff;
- Reports – ensuring Daily Handover is communicated properly and efficiently daily. Reporting on service users is completed daily and sent to relevant parties;
- Time Keeping – signing off on team time sheets and following up on any lates/absences with staff member;
- Ensuring client notes, HNA’s, Care Plans, and all electronic and paper files are kept in accordance with Crosscare’s policy on holding information about service users;
- Ensuring the PASS system and statistics are updated daily;
- Helping with rostering of staff shifts and catering for planned absence (e.g. Annual Leave) and Unplanned absence (e.g. Sick Leave);
- Helping to review Policies & Procedures on an ongoing basis and assisting the management team in drawing up any new Policies required for the safe & efficient running of the project;
- Working an on-call system
- Supporting the management team as required;
- Assisting with recruitment process where required;
- Assisting management with any disciplinary, grievance issues in line with Crosscare policy;
- Working on own initiative, demonstrating accountability and responsibility;
- Carry out duties within the Project, including floor cover for the delivery of our residential service.
- Being an effective role model for all staff;
- Being supportive and open to change, providing leadership and direction throughout any change process;
- Identifying and promoting best practice and being committed to always act in accordance with Crosscare’s policies and procedures.
- Any other reasonable duties as required by the Project Leader.
- Minimum BA Level 7 degree in Applied Social Care or a relevant BA Level 7 degree as awarded by the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) QQI.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience within social care, 2 of which should be keyworking with a full working knowledge of the care & case management protocols and experience of completing HNA and support plans.
- Practical experience and/or knowledge of supervising staff;
- Knowledge of the Pathways Model and the reconfiguration of Homeless Services across the greater Dublin area
- Work experience and employment in homeless services, addiction services residential services, community and/or the youth work sector.
- Additional training in:
- Mental Health
- First Aid, CPR, AED
- HNA & Case Management
Applicants should send their CV & Cover letter showing how they meet the selection criteria & e-mail it to email@example.com or send it to Human Resources Dept., Crosscare, Clonliffe College Dublin 3.
Closing date for applications will be the 24th February 2019 and Interviews will be held the week of the 4th March 2019.
Crosscare is an equal opportunities employer
Garda Vetting will apply to this role