Neart Le Chéile - Cairdeas Project
Cairdeas Project is a community based organisation which offers services to those who use drugs or have a history of Drug Use. The project works to community development principles and adopts a person centered approach to its work. We promote harm reduction and seek to promote the full participation of people who use drugs or have a history of Drug use in their community in order to break down the barriers to social inclusion. Cairdeas operates a low threshold service. Our services are as follows:
- An Advocacy Service
- SUDS -Service Users Developing Solidarity
- Stepladder Training Course.
SUDS -Service Users Developing Solidarity is an advocacy group for people who use drugs or have a history of drug use, the group meets weekly on Tuesday 5. 30 to 7.30 pm
We wish to recruit a Sessional Project Worker to Co-facilitate Suds (Service users developing Solidarity) for 7 hours per week 3 of which need to be on Tuesday at the above time, small case load of Advocacy Cases .
Six Months Short term contract, Closing date 28th February 2019
Ideal candidate please forward curriculum vitae to; Ann Corrigan, Neart Le Chéile Cairdeas Projects Units 1-2 Neilstown shopping centre, Clondalkin, Dublin 22.
Or by email email@example.com
Short listed candidates will be required to complete a Garda Vetting form. Neart le Chéile- Cairdeas Project is an equal opportunities employer; successful candidate must have sufficient Garda vetting.
The following are essential attributes for this position:
- A recognised 3rd level qualification in Community Development / Addiction or equivalent, along with experience in working in a similar profession
- Knowledge and experience of working with individuals with drug use/addiction.
- Knowledge and experience in carrying out individual work.
- Knowledge and understanding of group work.
- Ability to keep up to date case files and maintain records through ECAS the data collection system
- Experience in planning, implementing and reviewing work plans.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience in using interagency approaches to work with both statutory and non-statutory agencies
Other desirable attributes are:
- Full clean drivers licence, use of own car for project use
Neart Le Chéile - Cairdeas Project Sessional Worker
To Facilitate SUDS (Service Users Developing Solidarity) and promote the work of the Neart Le Chéile Cairdeas Project.
Key areas of Responsibility
- To co- facilitate group.
- To offer one to one advocacy support as required.
- To develop and implement strategies to ensure the active participation of drugs users at local regional and national policy decision making Bodies
- To work on strategies to counter the social exclusion of drug users in line with the project aims and objectives
- To work as part of a team in order to fulfil the policies, aims and objectives of Neart Le Chéile - Cairdeas Project
- To write reports and recommendations to the Board of Neart Le Chéile
- To report to the Neart Le Chéile Board on all project activities and work undertaken and participate in the staff support.
- To engage in developing relationships with statutory, community and voluntary sector.