The Bridge Camphill Community is currently seeking highly motivated people to fill the following positions.
Social Care Workers – Full-Time post 36 hours
Social Care Assistants – Full-Time post 36 hours
“Camphill Communities of Ireland work to create sustainable communities where children and adults of all abilities, many with special needs, can live, learn and work with others in healthy social relationships based on mutual care and respect.
Most communities are a home for both people with special needs and volunteers. Members of the community share responsibility for the tasks and cultural activities of day-to-day life.
Camphill is inspired by Christian ideals and the impulse of community building as articulated by Rudolf Steiner and is based on the acceptance of the spiritual uniqueness of each human being.”
The jobs purpose is to support the intentional community, in developing and formalising a person centred culture, and to achieve a high quality of personal outcomes in a time of rapidly changing regulatory requirements, while maintaining its ethos and values.
General Job Description:
To provide residential, job coaching and lifestyle supports to adults with special needs, in an intentional community, by being part of a team of co-workers, volunteers and employees creating a positive living experience, and an environment and atmosphere within the home in which the needs of people can be met.
Key Requirements, Attributes and Qualifications for employees of The Bridge Community:
- Excellent communication, people management and problem solving skills, empathy and sensitivity to others.
- The ability to work collaboratively and motivate a team to enthusiastically support individuals
- Energy and enthusiasm, be highly motivated, reliable and have a flexible approach to working hours
- Good planning and time management skills
- An openness to the Camphill Ethos and alternative models of Social Care
- An Understanding of HIQA Standards, Regulations, Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults and Duty of Care
- Work experience in a related area such as personal assistant/carer, community development or social care and/or community regeneration
- Experience in supporting people that display challenging behaviour
- Full Clean Driving Licence.
- This post is subject to Garda vetting
Hours and Rate of pay: €14 per hour (€9.80 sleepover hourly rate) Social Care Worker
€12.50 per hour (€9.80 sleepover hourly rate) Social Care Assistant
Please direct all enquiries to Ben Gamble at 045-481597.
Full Job Descriptions and Person Specifications for all roles are available on request, or attached below.
Application forms will only be accepted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with letter of application and CV attached.
Closing Date for applications will be noon Sunday the 24th February 2019
Candidates shortlisted for interview will receive notification by the 26th February 2019
for interviews being held between the dates 28th February to the 08th March 2019