Ballyfermot STAR Child & Family Centre
Realt Beag – Manager – Salary €35,000 to €39,000
Ballyfermot Star is a community response to substance use. We provide non-judgemental support, guidance and education to substance users, their families and the community, enabling them to cope with and overcome the effects of substance use in their everyday lives.
Provides childcare to 26 children as well as additional children on a sessional basis, the centre provides a service to members of the community as well as to service users of Ballyfermot Star. We take a child centred approach to learning and work from the HighScope model. The centre also works with families in relation to applied parenting skills and problem solving.
Ballyfermot STAR is seeking a person with a proven record in management with responsibility for delivering quantifiable strategic objectives.
- Demonstrable understanding of the needs of vulnerable children and their families with a working knowledge of HighScope or other evidenced based programmes
- A relevant 3rd level degree qualification in childcare social care etc.
- Proven leadership ability and energetic application
- Minimum 3 years’ experience managing effectively in a childcare setting
- Proven interpersonal skills
Cover letter and CV to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job description available on request from email@example.com
Closing date: 22nd February 2019
Interview date: 8th March 2019