NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
Job Title: Community Development Coordinator
Job Purpose: The Community Development Coordinator will work closely with the CEO to determine the needs of the Liberties and greater Dublin 8 area and successfully implement the SICAP programme as part of SICCDA’s strategic plan. S/he will work to build confidence and capacity within the local community through the development and support of appropriate programmes and activities.
Location: Dublin 8
Salary: €36,000 - €40,000 pa (DOE)
Contract: Permanent, subject to continued funding and Garda vetting.
- Reports to the Chief Executive Officer
- Coordinates a team of four outreach workers
- Interacts regularly with members of the management team
- Frequent liaison with various funding agencies, clients and community groups
Core Job Responsibilities
The Community Development Coordinator is expected to have direct input across the range of SICCDA activities. There will be a requirement, from time to time, to work outside of the standard day for meetings, events and other activities that are being delivered through the SICAP programme.
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities for this position only. Particular responsibilities, although not an exhaustive list, include:
- Providing support and supervision to the community outreach team and promoting open, professional and honest communication within the team environment
- Engaging with individuals who are targeted under the SICAP Programme
- Supporting the establishment and/or development of local community groups and developing appropriate supports for each
- Identifying opportunities for collaborations with other programmes and agencies to add value for the beneficiaries of the SICAP Programme.
- Writing annual Progress Reports and preparing and delivering presentations on SICAP objectives and achievements
- Preparing, maintaining and updating client records in strict compliance with user data protection policies
- Maintain appropriate and up to date records on IRIS system and hard copy
- Any other tasks as designated from time to time.
- Relevant third level qualification in community development, youth work, social science, education/training or a related field is essential
- Minimum of three years paid experience in a similar role is essential
- Understanding, promoting and working in accordance with community development principles and ethos
- Independent, creative thinking and excellent problem solving skills ability
- Team player with enthusiasm, drive and approachability
- Excellent and proven written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent and proven ICT Skills including social media
- Knowledge of local development sector and the changing local development landscape
- Demonstrate cultural awareness and sensitivity
Application by cover letter and CV to Aine Nally email: email@example.com
The closing date is Friday 22 February 2018
SICCDA is an equal opportunities employer