NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Reference No: PWMHW0119
Location: McGwire House, Waterford
Duration: Permanent Full-Time
Hours: 39 hours per week
Closing Date: 4pm 18/02/2019
The purpose of the post is to assist the Service to provide safe secure accommodation and support to homeless men, backed by trained volunteers, providing an efficient and high quality service to the clients
The ideal candidates will possess the following:
- BA in Social Care / NFQ Level 7 or higher is required for this position.
- DCU Certificate in Homelessness Prevention and Intervention (FETAC Level 5) or a FETAC Level 5 healthcare qualification would be an advantage
- To have a thorough understanding of the needs of homeless men.
- Knowledge of legislation relating to homelessness.
- To have an understanding of both statuary and voluntary supports and services available to this client group.
- Knowledge and understanding around addiction and mental health issues.
- Not less than one year’s experience of working with this client group preferably in a residential setting.
- Experience of working in the Community and Voluntary sector would be an advantage.
- Active listening skills.
- To respond in a warm and compassionate manner while retaining professional boundaries.
- Non-judgmental attitude.
- Ability to work as part of a team and with volunteers.
- The ability to work within professional boundaries.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written are essential.
- The ability to work on own initiative.
- To have excellent report writing and record keeping skills.
- Proficient IT skills including MS Word and experience with a database.
If you meet these requirements and have the desire to join one of Ireland’s best known, trusted and respected not-for-profit organisations please go to our website https://www.svp.ie/careers for details on how to apply.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted for interview.
SVP is an Equal Opportunities Employer