Mallow, Community Campus, Fair St. Mallow Co. cork
Invites applications for the position of:
Tenancy Sustainment Worker
The purpose of this position is:
To support individuals who have become homeless and those in danger of becoming homeless to gain and/or sustain a tenancy.
Location: Le Cheile Family Resource Centre
- To develop a support plan in conjunction with service users that will offer one to one support, crisis interventions that will assist the service user develop the skills to achieve a sustainable tenancy and/or maintain a tenancy.
- To be knowledgeable in regard of the services provided by other agencies and ensure that service users are referred to these agencies when it is appropriate.
- To review support plans with service users regularly.
- Visit service users in their own homes, if necessary to provide support.
- Liaise with local authority to review progress on support plans and to ensure an overall perspective on the homeless situation in the area.
- To make contact with and make links with relevant local services, statutory agencies and community groups.
- To maintain accurate records of actions taken on behalf of service users
- Maintain accurate service user records and statistics in accordance with relevant policies and procedures.
- Prepare reports for and attend meetings of North Cork Homeless Forum
- To maintain service user confidentiality at all times in line with Le Cheile Family Resource Centre Confidentiality policy
- To keep up to date with relevant legislation, policies and practice.
- To be aware of responsibilities and respond appropriately to any situation where child protection and welfare is a concern.
- To prepare monthly and quarterly reports and/or as requested by management and funders.
- To be familiar with and work according to all policies and procedures of Le Cheile Family Resource Centre.
- Attend support and supervision.
The post holder will be required to undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected within the scope of the post. This job description is not intended to exclude future changes to the responsibilities of the position.
This is a 35 hour per week position and is subject to a nine month probationary period.
- Previous experience in a similar position
- Demonstrable knowledge of:
- the key issues relating to homelessness
- and local authority procedures
- Experience of working with disadvantaged communities
- Experience of working with statutory agencies
- Empowering attitude towards service users
- The ability to prioritise and manage a heavy workload
- Excellent communication skills
- Good report writing skills.
- Good IT skills
- Good record keeping skills
- Experience in working in a busy environment.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Successful Garda vetting outcome.
- Full clean driving licence and access to own transport
- Third level qualification in a relevant discipline
Complete applications will consist of the following:
three copies of:
- full C.V
- letter of application
Sent by post to “Tenancy Sustainment Worker” Le Cheile FRC, Mallow Community Campus, Fair St. Mallow, Co. Cork.
Closing date for receipt of applications is February 22nd 2019 at 5pm. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Le Cheile FRC is an equal opportunities employer.