NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Offaly Traveller Movement
Position: Community Development Worker in Traveller Men’s Health
Offaly Traveller Movement (OTM) is a Traveller-led community development organisation, working to address issues facing Travellers in the region including, health, accommodation, youth, education, cultural and ethnic identity and human rights. A vibrant and dynamic human rights organisation which currently has 19 members of staff from various disciplines, OTM currently seeks a dynamic and capable person to take up the position of Community Development Worker in Traveller Men’s Health.
The purpose of the post will be:
- To address the key areas of Traveller men’s health as outlined in the All Ireland Traveller Health Status Study and OTM Strategic Plan 2015-2020.
- To build the capacity of Traveller men to manage their health and deal with the broader determinants of heath such as accommodation, education and enterprise/employment
- To represent the issues of Traveller men’s health on a range of forums as relevant.
This post will be part-time, 15-20 hoursto be agreed.
The successful applicant will be required to have:·
- A qualification incommunity development or related discipline and/or at least two years’ experience in community development;
- A thorough understanding of Traveller men’s issues, particularly in relation to Traveller men’s health;
- Demonstrated capacity to work on your own initiative and as part of a team;
- Strong communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills;
- A demonstrable commitment to human rights and social justice and a commitment to work from an anti-racist and equality work perspective;
Please see detailed Job Description attached.
Note: This position is subject to Garda Vetting and reference checks
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit a CV and detailed cover letter outlining qualifications, experience and skills specific to the positionto the Managing Director at: email@example.com
Selection: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend for interview
Closing Date: Wednesday 20th February 2019 at 10am
Applications by e-mail only and by thedate and time above. Late applications will not be accepted. Interviews will take place on Friday 1st March 2019
This post is funded by the HSETHU.
OTM is an equal opportunities employer