NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Depaul believes that everyone should have a place to call home and a stake in their community. Our aim is to work with those who are socially excluded and marginalised by providing a quality led service in order to produce the best possible outcomes for those accessing our services. We strive to empower our service users to make choices and decisions about the way they live their lives. We work in partnership with central and local government, housing associations and other non-governmental organisations.
Depaul is an equal opportunities employer, we offer a standard 35 hour working week, generous leave entitlements and a pension scheme. We support all staff with regular supervision and core training.
Depaul wishes to recruit to the following role:
Salary €32,292 per annum, Full Time hours (35 hours)
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to provide support to our organisation’s central office team in Dublin. Depaul is a values-led organisation working with a number of services throughout Dublin and Belfast. This role will act as a first point of contact and ensure the smooth running of Central Office at Clonliffe Road and to assist in ensuring the usability of the Nicholas Street premises. This is an exciting opportunity to join a diverse team of talented individuals.
KEY TASKS TO INCLUDE
- Responding to all incoming phone calls, addressing general queries in as far as possible and redirecting or taking messages where necessary
- Responding to all incoming emails to the info account, addressing general queries in as far as possible and redirecting where necessary
- Opening, logging and forwarding of incoming post and deliveries
- Maintaining presentation, usability and safety of common areas ensuring sufficient supplies, technological and other equipment in working order
- Attending at allocated routine and ad hoc meetings for minute taking purposes including circulation of draft and final minutes in collaboration with meeting host
- Tracking and reconciling payments incurred on company credit card and liaising with other departments as relevant
- Tracking hours of cleaners for payroll purposes and liaising with other departments as relevant
- Assisting the Fundraising team in relation to processing and receipt of donations and other administrative tasks
- Organising and supporting external meetings / events as requested – including booking venues and coordinating travel arrangements
- Organising and supporting internal meetings / events as requested – including greeting visitors, preparing refreshments, set up of communications technology
- Maintaining room booking calendars as assigned
- Attending at Nicholas street on an occasional basis to check presentation, usability and safety of common areas ensuring sufficient administrative and general supplies, technological and other equipment in working order and other related tasks as needed
- Liaison with Health & Safety Officer as needed in relation to Clonliffe Road and Nicholas Street premises
- Covering for the PA to the directors position during absence of that post-holder – and other administrative staff cover requirements as requested.
The above list is not exhaustive; additional areas of responsibility both in relation to tasks and direct reports may be added over time.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in an administrative function including reception / customer service experience
- Competent user of MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to balance multiple competing work demands, prioritising workload effectively and working to tight deadlines
- Accurate / detail focus, and Experience working in the charity sector is desirable but not essential.
Online Application Procedure:
For more information, please contact Human Resources:
Tel: 00 353 1 453 7111 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for all applications: 18th February 2019 at 9:00am
Panels will be formed from which future vacancies may be filled