NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
The Paddy McGrath Housing Project offers Supported Housing to those who are homeless and have a diagnosis of HIV. The Project not only provides for the physical needs of the Residents, but it gives them a sense of security and restores their dignity. In many cases this gives them the confidence to reach out to family and friends from whom they may have been estranged for many years, and thus opens the way to reconciliation and renewed relationships
We are currently recruiting for the following role:
- Project Worker
- Have at least 3 years’ experience working in the homelessness field or another suitably related area, desirably in a residential setting.
- Have a good standard of education.
- Have an understanding of harm reduction and low threshold working.
- Understand why people become homeless and the issues they present with, and what supports can be offered in services to residents with complex needs
- Understanding of risk management.
- Capable of responding calmly in a crisis and use your own initiative to deal with incidents as they arise
- Be able to work as part of a team understanding the importance of team communication
- Have an understanding of Health and Safety and the health and safety requirements within a residential setting working with homeless people.
- Have a knowledge and understanding of the vision, mission and values of The Paddy McGrath Housing Project
- Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please see attached job description for more information.
Applicants should send their CV & Cover letter showing how they meet the selection criteria & e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications will be Wednesday 20th February 2019 at 12:00pmand interviews will be held the week of the 25th February 2019.
The Paddy McGrath Housing Project is an equal opportunities employer
Garda Vetting will apply to these roles