NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITIES!
Cheshire Ireland provides quality services to adults with physical,sensory and neurological disabilities at a medium and high level of need. We provide individualised supports to promote wellbeing, independence and quality of life for all people who use our services. We currently provide services to over 200 people in their own homes, in residential centres, in supported accommodation and in respite facilities. Established in Shillelagh, Co.Wicklow in 1963, Cheshire Ireland are a Section 39 organisation funded by the HSE. We employ over 800 staff and operate in Dublin, Cork, Galway, Wicklow, Limerick, Donegal, Kerry, Carlow, Waterford, Sligo and Mayo.
The person we are looking to recruit will be contracted for 10hrs per week, in Limerick Cheshire Services on a Specified purpose contract (Maternity Leave Cover).
What we do?
A Personal Assistant role is to support and facilitate an individual to live in their own home, to develop and hold valued social roles and a variety of meaningful relationships within their communitities.
How we work?
We ensure to facilitate a person centre approach to service delivery by ensuring a collaborative approach is maintained between those we support, their families, their support teams and community stakeholders.
What you will do?
The purpose of this role is to support an individual who receives a Cheshire Ireland service in a residential setting in all aspects of their daily lives as per their individual needs and in accordance with their evolving plans to enable them to live a good life. Working as part of a team, this role provides care and support to the Service User.
SKILLS and EXPERIENCE
- Person Centre Approach
- Local Knowledge
- Ability to Network in the Community
- Desire For Personal & Professional Development
- Personal Initiative
- A minimum of 1 years’ previous experience in a similarly focused role.
- In possession of or working towards a FETAC level 5 or equivalent care related qualification.
- A full clean driving license (there will be a need to drive the service user)
- Ability to speak and write English fluently.
- Ability to speak and write Polish fluently is preferable but not essential.
WHY WORK WITH US?
- Flexible Working Hours
- €12.69-€16.17 per hour (Depending on exp)
- Maternity Benefit
- Employee Assistance Program
- Twilight/Night and Weekend Premiums
- Career Progression
- Sick Pay Benefit
- Induction and on going training
To Apply For This Post Please Forward A Detailed CV Via Email To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 15th February 2019
Cheshire Ireland is an equal opportunity company.
All successful candidates will be subject to vetting by the Garda Vetting Unit.