NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
A vacancy exists for a Fundraiser Coordinator at L’Arche Ireland and Northern Ireland
This is 1 year fixed term contract with a view to extension.
Part-time role (24hrs per week)
Main Base in Co. Kilkenny
Job description L’Arche Ireland Fundraising and Outreach Co-ordinator
L’Arche is an international movement which builds communities with people with intellectual disabilities. The L’Arche vision is unique and inspires an ecumenical Christian community, open to people of all faiths or none, who share its values and mission:
- 'We are people with and without learning disabilities, sharing life in communities belonging to an international federation;
- We celebrate the unique value of every person and recognise our need of one another;
- Mutual relationships and trust in God are at the heart of our journey together.’
Our Mission is to:
- ‘Make known the gifts of people with learning disabilities revealed through mutually transforming relationships;
- Foster an environment in communities that is inspired by the core values of our founding story and responds to the changing needs of our members;
- Engage in our diverse cultures, working together to build a more human society.’
To raise funds on an all-Ireland basis by announcing L’Arche, and communicating the value to society of working in partnership with people who have an intellectual disability in mutually transformative relationships. This involves developing, coordinating, driving, and delivering all fundraising activities of L’Arche Ireland in the spirit of the Identity and Mission statements above.
- Developing and implementing fundraising plans through a number of income streams,
- Develop and expand the database of donors, support campaign/events,
- A key part will be identifying grants, and supporting the completion of the grants,
- Engage and present the opportunity to fund the vision of L'Arche in Ireland and in the world,
- Develop and oversee All-Ireland fundraising plan with the CEO,
- Support communities in their ability to make fundraising plans and to engage in fundraising and other initiatives,
- Build on existing relationships in order to generate income, develop loyalty, and raise awareness,
- Represent L’Arche Ireland / Northern Ireland at relevant events so as to foster existing and new supporters,
- Possess highly developed written and verbal communication skills to deliver fundraising asks, information and project updates to a range of audiences in a clear, inspiring and confident manner,
- Cash handling, banking, accounting, and ensuring the acknowledging and receipting of income from all channels is carried out in accordance with L’Arche Ireland policies and procedures and where applicable Northern Ireland with the help of the Belfast community.
- Keeping up-to-date with the current issues, legalisation, and developments in the fundraising arena. Undertake training as necessary and liaise with the L’Arche International fundraisers,
- Plan and manage time in an effective manner, ensuring that all efforts are focused on activities which maximize the potential for income and awareness raising,
- Researching and identifying new opportunities to generate income e.g. grants, Direct Mail, legacy fundraising, corporate, new events etc. and share information with the L’Arche communities.
This Role Description is not exhaustive; it reflects the most pressing needs at this time. The role will evolve in consultation with the CEO.
- An interest and understanding of L’Arche and / or the importance of relationships and the valuable contribution that people who have an intellectual disability make to society.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role or in marketing and sales Strong networking, relationship building skills.
- Proficient in software packages and a willingness to learn the relevant software packages
- Full clean driving licence
- Third level degree qualification in Marketing or similar discipline
- Experience of Social Media
- Experience of preparing Press Releases and engaging with local and national media.
- Be an excellent Team Player
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Proactive with an ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Weekend and evening work will occasionally be required.
Informal enquiries should be directed to:
Mairead Boland Brabazon, ‘An Siol’, West St, Callan, Co. Kilkenny (086) 8924965
Sorcha Roantree, ‘An Siol’, West St, Callan, Co. Kilkenny (056) 7755494
If you are excited by this opportunity and believe that you have the required qualities, please forward CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing why you are attracted to and suitable for this role.
Deadline for application 22nd February 2019