SOS Kilkenny clg
Job Title Procurement Manager
Job Location(s) SOS Kilkenny clg.
Reporting To Director of Finance
Hours Full Time – 37.5 Hours per week
Salary Linked with HSE Consolidated Scales
Purpose of the role
To oversee that all funds committed to purchase goods and services (non-pay costs) obtain optimum quality, service, and value for money including delivery, customer service, and overall supplier performance.
The board of SOS is responsible for all funds of the organisation. The Board delegates’ authority to purchase from these funds in accordance with the delegated authority handed down to management. Appropriate purchase approval must be obtained, prior to a commitment to spend, from the appropriate designated budget holders and managers within the organisation.
- Be a strategic partner to the various business teams for all procurements
- Build and maintain positive and effective relationships, providing in-depth professional advice on sourcing strategy and the application of relevant policies, guidelines and legislation
- Be responsible for the alignment of the organisations’ goals and objectives, ensuring that current and future requirements are delivered in an efficient, timely and cost-effective manner
- Develop, implement and maintain a single multi-annual Procurement Plan with the Director of Finance. The Procurement Plan will be underpinned by an analysis of expenditure on procurement and the procurement and purchasing structures of the organisation. The plan will set practical and strategic aims, objectives for improved procurement outcomes and appropriate measures to achieve these aims will be implemented
- Establish and consolidate an overarching procurement process to include appropriate Service Framework Agreements, knowledge of products and services in which we operate including market dynamics and product life cycles, and a list of preferred suppliers across a range of non-pay categories which guarantee minimum quality and service levels and maximise value, efficiency and compliance across the Group’s asset portfolios.
- Develop, implement and maintain a contract register to provide oversight for procured contracts including the preparation of reports on the status of contracts
- Ensure procurement processes are compliant with all relevant policies, guidelines and legislation and that they are fit for purpose with respect to objectives including a comprehensive understanding of Irish Public procurement rules, guidelines and regulations
- Develop and review the procurement policy and procedures and the procurement framework in line with best practice in adherence with public procurement guidelines where applicable.
- Provide expertise and input into contract negotiations and complex sourcing strategies
- Design a process to carry out reviews of tendering processes and of the delivery of individual tender processes in order to develop effective and compliant procurement practices
- Expertise across tender development, tender evaluation and contract awards processes
- Placing all PO’s in a timely and efficient manner
- Sourcing of the correct materials and services at the best price, quality, quantity and delivery
- To undertake any other duties as specified by the Director of Finance
- Ensures the function or service area(s) operate effectively and in compliance with legislation, policies and procedures, recommending changes/improvements where appropriate;
- Identifies and assesses service challenges and decides the best course of action where there may not be a clear solution. There will be a framework for delivery, but initiative and judgement will be needed to resolve problems as they arise.
- Understanding and experience of the Not-for-Profit sector
- Experience of managing a number of sub functions/teams and planning over a significant period, typically years, either through service/programme management responsibility or via a major strategic commissioning, policy and/or advisory role
- Experience of developing policy and strategy, working within the annual budget cycle for a specific function(s)
- Experience of setting direction and delivering services by translating organisational policy into ways of operating, leading the development of new approaches to delivery as necessary.
- Previous experience of applying stringent compliance standards at all stages of public procurement procedures and managing the execution and documentation of tender processes
- Experience of eTenders and a good understanding of contract structures
Skills and Knowledge:
- A commitment to living the organisational values of Dignity, Diversity, Inclusion and Self-Determination.
- In depth knowledge of procurement principals
- Excellent computer-literacy skills including strong skills in Sage, and MS applications
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Sound leadership skills and excellent relationship management skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Analytical and conceptual skills, with
- Good relationship management skills
- Outcomes driven
- Strong ability to be able to respond to the needs of the organisation
- Ideally Degree qualified in a related area such as business, logistics, supply chain management or purchasing or equivalent (NFQ8).
- Professionally qualified - Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, but with particular reference on written communication
- Full Irish Driver’s licence
To apply for this position please forward your cover letter and Curriculum vitae to Lucy Gunning HR Advisor SOS Kilkenny clg. via email@example.com