NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Vision and Mission of COPE Galway
COPE Galway is a local organisation providing supports & services for people affected by Homelessness, women & children experiencing Domestic Violence, and for Older People.
COPE Galway helps to Improve Quality of Life in a Home Of Your Own by Supporting Home, Promoting Community & Reducing Isolation
Our Community Catering service enables older people to live independently in their homes as long as possible by contributing to their nutritional and social supports.
COPE Galway are currently seeking applications for the following position:
Overall objectives of the post:
This is a temporary role to provide the support required to the Community Catering Manager for the overall running of the service across all areas which are not directly kitchen related. The role extends to all aspects of coordinating our Community Catering service to ensure excellent service delivery.
Full job description available from HR but main duties include:
- Management of client welfare issues
- Management and support of administration staff
- Marketing & promotion of service, liaising with external agencies statutory/non statutory agencies providing care for older people
- Liaison with HR, Accounts and Fundraising depts., monitoring and maximising the efficient and effective use of resources
- Management of funding /grant applications, report writing
- Administration of FEAD programme
The ideal candidate will be sufficiently experienced and organized in coordinating a busy service in conjunction with the skills and expertise available within the team, and catering to the needs of a vulnerable client group of predominantly older people.
- Have a minimum of five years’ experience of working in a busy office environment with at least 2 of these years in a management capacity
- Experience of working with many IT software packages ideally including QuickBooks accounting package
- Experience of working with older people or another vulnerable client group would be an advantage
- People management experience
- Excellent Organisation and Time Management skills
- Able to work on own initiative, to plan carefully, follow through with tasks and achieve results
- Demonstrated ability to achieve efficiencies in processes and systems
- Ability to foster positive relations with all staff, clients, volunteers, customers and external agencies
Hours of Work: Approx 30 hours per week Contract: 6 months Fixed Term Contract initially
Full job description and application form available from email@example.com, to be completed and forwarded to HR by 9am Tuesday 19th February
COPE Galway, Calbro House, Tuam Road, Galway.
COPE Galway are an equal opportunities employer