NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
The Rehab Group is a charity that provides services for over 20,000 adults and children, and champions the value of diversity and inclusion for people with disabilities or disadvantage in their communities throughout Ireland and the UK.
Employment Specialist, National Learning Network, Waterford
Specific Purpose Contract, Full-time, 39 hours weekly approx. 24 months
The Interviews for this post will take place – 21st February 2019, NLN, Waterford
Salary for this post is €38,000 per annum.
- This post is a full-time post as an Employment Specialist within the Community Mental Health Team. The purpose of the job is to provide a recovery focused supported employment service by working with individuals who have experienced mental health problems and wish to gain open competitive employment. The Employment Specialist will work directly with employers to secure employment opportunities and provide ongoing support to both employers and the individual to retain them in work.
- As a member of the Community Mental Health Team, the Employment Specialist will be required to proactively manage a caseload of people who have experienced mental health problems and who are unemployed and/or currently off work. The Employment Specialist is expected to deliver the Individual Placement and Support approach; an evidence based model of vocational rehabilitation for people with mental health problems. Working directly with all relevant stakeholders: the service user, CMHT staff, GP’s, employers and Occupational Health to enable service users to gain and retain employment.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- Relevant third level qualification or significant prior employment services experience (Essential)
- Degree or Diploma in Supported Employment, Social Studies, Adult Guidance or Business related studies such as HRM (Desirable)
- Trained in the IPS approach (Desirable)
- Experience of working with and supporting people who have experienced mental health problems (or other unemployed disadvantaged groups) into an in employment within health, social services or the voluntary sector (Essential)
- Experience of partnership working, negotiation and liaison work with other agencies (Desirable)
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage a caseload of a maximum of 20 people at any one time who have experienced mental health problems and wish to gain or return to work, work as a member of the Community Mental Health multidisciplinary team, provide ongoing support according to both the employees and the employers needs, be proactive in working with employers to source and secure employment opportunities for people who have experienced mental health difficulties, provide information and support for employers as agreed with the individual in order to ensure that employment is sustained, work with the employee and employer in negotiating appropriate adjustments to support and sustain employment, develop networks with other organisations that will help individuals to achieve their employment goals, provide tailored support to individuals who have secured employment to assist them in sustaining that employment, establish the effectiveness of the IPS approach and provide the necessary data and information as required, work as part of a national network of Employment Specialists and attend training / meetings as required, support the realization of annual operating targets in respect of employment outcomes
- Participate in: supervision, continuing personal and professional development, IPS and any other training and required. Provide guidance and education for community mental health team colleagues
- The employment specialist is expected to comply with all relevant Employability and HSE policies, procedures and guidelines, including those relating to Equal Opportunities and Confidentiality of Information
- Full clean driving licence and means of transport is essential for the position.
- Willingness to be flexible in working hours to meet organisation/client’s needs.
- Working some unsocial hours may be required.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Taxsaver travel scheme
- Income Protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
Closing date: 15th February 2019
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer