NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Women's Aid is a leading national organisation that has been working in Ireland to stop domestic violence against women and children since 1974. We provide support and information through our 24hr National Freephone Helpline and one to one support services to women experiencing emotional, physical, sexual or financial abuse by a current or former husband, partner or boyfriend. In addition to our Direct Services, Women's Aid acts for justice and social change by engaging in policy, representation and communications and campaigns activity at a national level. We also provide specialised training and organisational support on responding to domestic violence to a broad range of stakeholders.
Women’s Aid is now recruiting to fill the following position:
HELPLINE PANEL SUPPORT WORKER
The Helpline Panel Support Worker will provide support and information to women experiencing abuse in intimate relationships on the Women’s Aid National 24/7 free phone Helpline, and to assist in the maintenance of the Helpline Service as part of the Helpline Team.
The Helpline Panel Support Worker will be required to do a minimum of 4 hours per week – flexibility is essential for our 24 hour service, daytime office hours (8am – 8pm) and for ‘out of hours’ shifts (8pm – 8am) over a 7 day period.
- To take Helpline calls at the Dublin 2 office to support and empower women experiencing abuse in intimate relationships by providing assistance and information on their options including legal, financial, housing and appropriate referrals where necessary.
- To maintain accurate and relevant records of Helpline calls and trends and communication of same to the Helpline Manager.
- To provide on-going guidance and support to Helpline volunteers (when necessary) and other staff on issues relating to Helpline calls.
- To assist in the maintenance and logging of Helpline statistics.
- To assist in up-skilling of other staff or volunteers, as required.
- To keep up to date with relevant information in relation to the post and communication of same where necessary.
- To assist in the smooth running of a demanding service.
- To work as part of the Helpline team.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Have a clear understanding of a gender analysis of violence against women.
- 3 years’ experience working directly with women experiencing abuse in intimate relationships.
- 3rd level qualification, Social Care or similar discipline.
- Knowledge, acceptance and implementation of organisation policy and ethos.
- MS Office and database skills.
Desirable Selection Criteria:
- Completion of Women’s Aid Helpline training and actively working on the Helpline for twelve months following the training.
Salary: Helpline Panel Support Worker Salary scale applies at an hourly rate of €18.57.
Full job description and application form attached below and available on www.WomensAid.ie.
Please email your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note - CVs will not be considered
Closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm, 20th February 2019.
First round interviews are expected to take place on 1st March 2019.
Unfortunately due to limited resources, we cannot respond to every application. If you have not heard from us, it will mean that you have not been shortlisted for interview.
Women’s Aid strives to be an equal opportunities employer.