Personal Assistant (PA) Required In the Dublin 9 area
One Personal Assistant required to assist young professional gentleman with a physical disability in all aspects of daily living. This fantastic opportunity is ideal for an energetic and positive person with a good sense of humour and an ability to adapt to new people and environments when attending professional and/or sociable events.
This is not a medical role, and no previous experience of working with a disabled person is required.
Duties which enable him to live an active and independent life include:
- accompanying the gentleman to and from professional and social events
- assistance with shopping
- assisting him with some aspects of childcare with his two children
- some light housework duties.
Discretion and confidentiality needs to be practised in all aspects of this role along with the following key competencies:
- excellent verbal communication
- highly organised
- willingness and ability to take instructions and direction
- extremely punctual
- experience with or the desire to work with children
- legally permitted to work in Ireland.
The successful candidate is required to:
- possess Garda clearance
- attend mandatory training, as arranged by the service provider
- attend for interview.
Further ‘on the job’ training and full direction in all areas of this position will be provided. Remuneration will be discussed at interview stage. This position is part time - and is required for 3 evenings per week.
To apply, please submit your CV and a short cover letter outlining your interest and suitability for the role to: email@example.com. Closing date for receipt of applications is 6pm Friday 22nd February 2019.
Please note: Shortlisting of applications will apply. The successful candidate will be employed by the Irish Wheelchair Association, funded by the HSE. A full job description can be supplied on request.