In Gheel, we focus on supporting individuals with autism through their life journey and enabling them to have fulfilling life experiences, while having autonomy and control over their choices and decisions. Gheel Autism Services provides a wide range of services for adults with autism including day and vocational opportunities, outreach support and a variety of supported living options. Across our services we consider how each person thinks, learns and processes information to develop a personalised plan of support. Considering individuals strengths and motivations, we enable people to obtain outcomes which are meaningful to them. Across our service staff are equipped with the knowledge and skills to enable each individual to have positive and meaningful life experiences in line with their individual preferences and aspirations. All staff are involved in changing the culture of supporting people into a more inclusive, independence focused style of support – where people are encouraged to be partners in, not recipients of, their service delivery.
We currently have one Location Manager vacancy in Dublin 7. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to bring their skills and talents to Gheel.
Location Manager – Dublin 7
The Location Manager works on the front line while also having overall management for the location and the staff team. The Location Manager, along with the team, will be responsible for developing plans and ideas that support and encourage new interests and hobbies ensuring a meaningful quality of life. Community integration and involvement is a key component of this service delivery as those accessing our services strive to live an independent life. The support is provided in line with the individual needs and choices of the person, based on assessment of social, personal and healthcare needs. Staff can work on skill development in context, building capacity for interdependence in community and social networks. In addition, we enable adults to develop essential in their local community. everyday skills such as: money management, self-care, laundry, general housekeeping and cooking skills.
The Location Manager will manage residential services in this location. The successful candidate will report to the Regional Manager and will work as an integral part of the regional team. This post will report into a Person in Charge (PIC).
Although the Location Manager is working in a residential setting, the Manager will work across a combined roster that will include 12-hour shifts, admin time and 24 hours residential shifts. There will be flexibility regarding the roster in line with service provision.
Essential Qualifications for this post:
- Third level Qualification in Social Care or a related discipline.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and use of internet and email.
- Hold a valid driver’s licence for the purpose of transporting service users.
- Management Qualification.
- At least two years recent experience in the social care/disability sector.
- Ability to support change management.
- A knowledge of New Directions guidelines.
- Experience of the HIQA Inspection process and of supporting the completion and monitoring of Action Plans to acceptance by HIQA.
- Experience of applying the National Standards for Residential Services for Children and Adults with Disabilities, Trust in Care and Adult Safeguarding.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Have experience supporting people with Autism and dealing with service users who have behaviors of concern.
- Experience in a leadership role.
Salary Scale: Successful candidates will be paid in line with 2016 HSE revised consolidated Grade V Clerical pay scale point 1; €40,209 – 2nd LSI; € 48,496 per annum based on working a 39-hour week. There is 27 days annual leave with this post.
Terms and Conditions
- The salary scale for the post is aligned to the Department of Health and Children Clerical Grade V.
- Hours of work are 39 hours per week with a high degree of flexibility built in to facilitate service needs. Details will be discussed and agreed with the successful candidates. The residential rosters will include overnights for which an allowance is paid.
To apply for this position please fully complete the job application form attached and return it to email@example.com. Please write Ref Location Manager Dublin 7 in the subject line of the email. Applicants will be shortlisted for interview based on the evidence outlined in the job application form. Curriculum vitaes are not required.
The closing date for receipt of all completed applications is Monday, 18th of February @ 5pm. Late applications will not be accepted. A panel may be formed from which future vacancies arising over the next six months may be filled.
Garda vetting is a requirement of the recruitment process.