- A recognised catering qualification.
- HACCP training.
- 2 years experience of working as part of a team in a busy kitchen environment.
- Experience in service improvement and open to new and different was of working.
- Positive, client focused individual with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to act calmly in emergencies and respond in a professional manner to challenging and stressful situations.
- A full unrestricted driving licence.
- Supervisory experience.
About the job:
As a chef, you’ll provide nutritionally balanced meals, while ensuring HACCP standards are implemented. You’ll have the ability to work under pressure, manage and communicate with both the kitchen team and service manager. You’ll create different and diverse menus each week, complete costings, budget plans, HACCP etc. You’ll report to T&E Operations Manager.
- Engage with and build professional trusting relationships with service users.
- Plan a schedule of menus promoting nutrition and choice.
- Ensure individuals on special diets or with specific cultural needs are catered for.
- Prepare and cook nutritionally balanced meals daily.
- Complete daily, weekly & periodic checking of operational checklists including cleaning, supplier, temperature checks etc.
- Order food and other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation in the kitchen.
- Stock control of food items and assist in inventories, stock rotation and supplies of satellite services.
- You will be expected to cooperate with the catering/operations team to act as relief cover across Treatment & Enterprise facilities.
Treatment & Enterprise Services. Dublin City Centre.
Monday – Friday (9am – 5:30pm). 37.5 hours per week. 25 days annual leave.
At Dublin Simon Community, we are passionate about making home a reality. Our aim is to empower people to access and retain a home by providing housing, prevention, addiction treatment, emergency response and other targeted interventions, through advocacy and partnership. If you share our values and want to make a difference also, come talk to us at Dublin Simon Community. We’re looking for client focused, friendly and adaptable people to join our team. This standard is achieved by organisations that have best practice Human Resource Systems in place, particularly in the area of staff training and development, communication, and staff involvement in the decision making processes in the organisation.
Apply for the position
Application due date: 24/03/2019
For queries relating to this position please telephone (01) 635 4800