SUNBEAM HOUSE SERVICES
Sunbeam House Services provides a range of supports to adults with intellectual disabilities. We aim to empower people with the necessary skills to live full and satisfying lives as equal citizens in their local communities.
We are currently recruiting for
Community Support Workers
(Various Posts Permanent, Full-time, Part-time Fixed Term & Relief)
Bray, Arklow, Rathdrum, Co. Wicklow
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a qualified Social Care Worker to join our services in residential settings in both Rathdrum & Arklow, Co. Wicklow. As a Social Care Worker, you will be involved in supporting clients to achieve their personal outcomes to build on their potential and to develop positive roles within their home and in the community. Working hours will be variable including day shifts, sleepovers, weekends and unsociable hours.
Applicants must have:
- One year’s post qualification experience of working with adults with intellectual disability
- Experience of working alone in a one to one environment as well as experience of team work.
- Experience of dealing with behaviours that challenge and with behavioural supports
- CPI experience
- Experience of skills teaching in cooking, budgeting, cleaning & building confidence skills
- Experience in alternative communications
- Understanding and experience of therapeutic interventions
- Experience of creative problem-solving techniques
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- A knowledge of the HIQA regulations and standards
- Enthusiasm, energy and creativity
- Available to work over a seven-day work period
- Excellent IT and report writing skills
- Hold a full driving licence and be willing to drive location vehicles
- Have the ability to deal with confidential information in a discreet and responsible manner.
- Be flexible to work a variety of rostered shifts
- To facilitate and implement a person-centered approach for our Clients appropriate to their wishes and goals
- To promote and protect the rights of people in a manner that respects their dignity, their right to make choices and their privacy
- To actively seek new interests and opportunities for people to develop meaningful roles in their communities
- To ensure the overall wellbeing of clients in all areas of their lives including health and personal care
- To assist in the teaching of life skills in cooking, budgeting, cleaning & building confidence
Applicants must hold or be in the process of obtaining a QQI level 7 in the area of Social Care or foreign equivalent (validated by QQI).
Successful candidates will be paid as per the HSE consolidated payscales in line with required qualifications and relevant experience.
Short listing of candidates will apply. Closing Date for receipt of applications: 31st March 2019
Sunbeam House Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer