St. John of God Dublin South East Services provides a network of education, training, employment, respite, community living supports and rights promotion to children and adults with intellectual disabilities in South Dublin.
Key Worker / Community Facilitator – Day Services
Permanent / Specified Purpose / Relief Posts
We are looking for good communicators who have the interest and ability to join the team supporting the men and women of Dublin South East to GO FOR WHAT THEY WANT IN LIFE!
Examples of what people want are: training, work, independent living skills, socialising, friendship building, independent and supported travelling skills.
Candidates should have the following:
- A Fetac/QQI level 6 Qualification e.g. Social Care/Training/Education/Teaching etc
- Commitment to a Person Directed Planning approach
- The ability to identify and develop people’s natural support networks, work and social roles
- The ability to facilitate and support service-users, including people with complex needs, in both service based and community programmes.
- Knowledge of relevant national legislation and policy e.g. New Directions
- Excellent communication, organisational, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Must have a full driving license (please be advised that this is essential for the role and must be stated clearly in your application. A response to your application cannot be guaranteed without clarification of this)
While the contract is with St. John of God Dublin South East Services we have a variety of vacancies. We seek to match candidate skills and experience accordingly and encourage staff to gain experience across the services.
Key areas currently are:
- Supporting adults with complex needs (physical and or/intellectual). This would suit applicants with strong communication skills (verbal and non verbal) and an excellent approach to advocacy
- Supporting adults with mild to moderate intellectual disability, to access employment, education and social integration
Please state in your application if you have a particular area of interest.
Please forward your covering letter and CV by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org Quoting REF:2019Instructor
Informal Queries to: Anna Ruth Duane/Amanda Mulroy 01 285 2900
CVs must provide full details of all relevant experience. Any gaps in CVs should be clarified.
This is an Instructor Grade role (HSE Salary Pay Scales)
Shortlisting will apply.
Saint John of God Community Services CLG is an equal opportunities employer.
We operate HSE (Health Service Executive) funded services across Intellectual Disability, Adult Mental Health and Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
Hospitality Respect Justice Excellence Compassion