NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Job Title: Fundraising Officer
Contract: 1 year fixed Term (Full time)
Job Location: 2 Holles Street , Dublin 2
Reports to: Head of Fundraising
Background and Purpose of Position
One in Four are now in the process of developing a new organisational strategy that will require a significant increase in unrestricted income. To fully realise these objectives the organisation wishes to invest in a new fundraising role.
The Fundraising Officer role is designed to develop several key income streams that will place the donor at the centre of the organisation. The role will have specific income generation duties as well as support to The Head of Fundraising in delivering other aspects of the fundraising programme.
This is an exciting new position in a well-developed organisation. The candidate will be part of creating a passionate and enthusiastic team that will develop a donor base within One in Four.
The candidate will require a high degree of motivation to work well in a team and on own initiative. They must be dynamic and resourceful: willing to learn and adapt to the challenges of building a support base.
The four key elements of the role are :
Income generation: To ensure that specific fundraising activities are implemented and managed locally to deliver budgets, targets and income in line within the annual plans and strategy.
Volunteer Coordination : To recruit and nurture volunteers
Stewardship: To accurately record and thank gifts
Communications: To tell the story of One in Four and place the donor in the centre of the organisations impact.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
45 % Community Fundraising
1. To support the development and implementation of One in Four’s Annual Events.
2. To build relationships and motivate Supporters of One in Four to carry out Supporter led (cycles runs, quizzes etc.) and Community Fundraising activities ( Collection cans and bag packs)
3. To recruit and nurture Volunteers ( including Transition Year students and International Interns)
10 % Direct Marketing
4. To support the development of individual giving plans, focusing on the retention and recruitment of one off and regular givers.
5. To coordinate One in Four’s digital Communication Platforms. Creating regular posts and e-communication to donors.
15% Stewardship and Data management
6. Regular inputting of data onto E-Tapestry database, following all the required procedures in relation to GDPR
7. To ensure all gifts are thanked in a timely, positive, and genuine manner.
20% Support to Head of Fundraising
8. To undertake any other reasonable tasks as requested by The Head of Fundraising with a particular focus on supporting new corporate income generation initiatives.
9. To produce monthly progress reports on data, income, and digital communications.
- At least 1 years’ experience in either Fundraising, Communications or a Customer facing Role
- Knowledge of the principles of fundraising across a range of methodologies
- Empathy with and commitment to One in Four’s ethos and vision statement.
- Diplomatic and tactful, with a proven ability to communicate well with a broad range of people and to engage and motivate supporters and volunteers.
- Excellent prioritisation and organisational skills and the ability to set up, manage and complete projects within time constraints.
- Advanced level IT skills, ideally with fundraising database knowledge.
- Respects the unique contribution of every individual and work positively in a diverse environment.
- Willing and able to work outside of normal hours to support fundraising activities as necessary.
Particular Terms of Agreement
- Attendance at Line Management meeting with Head of Fundraising.
- Abide by all policies and procedures of One in Four.
- Participate in an Annual Review.
- Attend Staff Meetings in-house or/and external training days
Closing Date for Applications: 5pm Tuesday 12th February, 2019
If interested, please forward an up to date C.V. with cover letter by email for the attention of Margaret to: email@example.com