NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Are you an ambitious social care professional and do you want to develop your career within a supportive and dynamic organisation? At Dublin Simon Community we now have an opportunity for you to join us as Project Worker in our Housing Services.
At Dublin Simon Community, we are working proactively to help resolve the biggest societal crisis of our time-homelessness. Our innovative services are all focused on making home a reality for our clients. We value community, excellence, innovation, respect and integrity and we incorporate these values into each service for our clients. While we provide supported temporary accommodation, we also provide a range of holistic services such as homeless prevention, medium to long term housing, addiction treatment, primary healthcare and other targeted interventions. Our employees are our strongest asset and we have been awarded the Excellence Through People accreditation for the past 7 years due to utilising the best Human Resource Management practices to demonstrate how much our employees are valued.
Working in a professional role and environment, core responsibilities include:
- Deliver a quality effective service ensuring the progression and sustainability of all service users and residents.
- Manage a case load and as part of a multi disciplinary team work to achieve service targets.
- Engage service users with appropriate accommodation and support services required as identified in support plan.
- Implement and work within care and case management systems and protocols.
- Work in cooperation and partnership with other agencies, both voluntary and statutory ensuring good communication and cross-agency flexible working practices to minimise obstacles to a person getting access to supports, services and/or accommodation.
- Carry out an assessment with homeless people and provide follow up support in order to provide quality evidence based service, facilitating movement towards independent living, in accordance with Simon Community’s policies and procedures.
- Manage risks and ensure the protection of all service users and residents.
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of mental health issues, good practice in the field of mental health and knowledge of mental health services and act as professional guide and mentor to members of staff.
- Engage with and build a professional trusting relationship with people treating them with dignity and respect in order to work within the values of Simon.
- Responsible for the preparation of reports, statistics and other information as required in order to inform future strategy and responses.
- Responsible for the achievement of goals as determined by organisational strategy and local scorecard.
- Participate in regular supervision and performance review, contributing to the identification of own job related targets and training needs.
- Ensure residents and service users are consulted and involved in the operation of the project as far as possible.
- Carry out front line duties when required, to ensure the smooth running of the service.
What You Need
- Recognised 3rd level qualification to degree level in a relevant discipline.
- Key working skills
- 3 years experience working in a Social Care setting
What You Will Receive
- Supportive colleagues & management team
- Dynamic & diverse work environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Clear progression Opportunities
What To Do Now
If you are interested, please apply on the link on this page
Apply for the position
Application due date: 17/02/2019
For queries relating to this position please telephone (01) 635 4800
We reserve the right to offer the position to a successful candidate prior to the deadline of receipt of applications and we advise that you apply early.
Dublin Simon Community does not require the assistance of recruitment agencies for this position. Any unsolicited CV’s from recruitment agencies will not be considered and may result in Dublin Simon Community not engaging with that recruitment agency in the future.