THE IVEAGH TRUST
Caretaker - Southside
Reporting to: Estate Manager
The Iveagh Trust is one of the longest established providers of social housing in Ireland with c. 1400 units of accommodation in the Dublin area. The Trust offers a range of housing options including sheltered housing for the elderly, the Iveagh Hostel for homeless men and general needs housing for families and single people. The Trust now wishes to add to the Housing Management Team by recruiting a full- time Caretaker for a newly built scheme in Clay Farm, Leopardstown, Dublin 18.
The main tasks and responsibilities for the post are as follows:
- Be of general assistance to tenants
- Keep the communal areas of the estate, internal and external clean, tidy and safe
- Take out and put in Euro bins, ensuring that all bins and bin areas are kept clean
- Carry out minor repair and maintenance work, including cleaning drains, down pipes and manholes, as directed by the Estate Manager
- Report repair and maintenance requirements promptly to Estate Manager
- Provide verbal reports to the Estate Manager on incidents occurring on the estate including emergencies, disrepair, anti-social behaviour or unusual incidents and treat all such incidents as confidential
- Work out of doors in all weathers with suitable clothing provided by The Iveagh Trust
- Assist in dealing with emergencies, e.g. fire, flood, lift breakdown etc.
- Work on a rota basis including weekends
- Be aware of and implement proper Health & Safety procedures at all times
- Liaise with Contractors and Visitors to the Estate
- Other duties as directed by Estate Manager
- A full clean driver’s licence essential
- Provide cover on other Iveagh Trust estates when necessary
- Full training and induction will be provided
The Trust offers excellent terms and conditions of employment including membership of a Defined Contribution Pension Scheme following successful completion of the probationary period.
All applications must include the reference code: CTS001, a cover letter and up to date CV.
Please send your CV along with a cover letter outlining your suitability for the position by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Mr. John Mahony
Director of Housing
The Iveagh Trust
Bull Alley Street
Or email to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Friday, 25 January 2019
Replies only to selected interviewees.
The Iveagh Trust is an Equal Opportunities Employer