HAP Support Worker
Position Title: HAP Admin & Support Worker
Programme: Crosscare Homeless Services
Crosscare, Clonliffe College, Dublin 3. Crosscare is the social care agency of the Dublin Diocese and is a registered charity.
Crosscare delivers services with a servant leadership ethos. Crosscare’s Homeless Services operate a range of residential services targeting adults experiencing homelessness. The services aim to move people out of homelessness and into homes of their own.
The Dublin Place Finders Service is responsible for procuring, accessing and securing rental accommodation options for Dublin’s local authorities.
This project is a collaborative and joint initiative between the Dublin local authorities and voluntary homeless service providers to meet the needs of households experiencing homelessness.
Week days, Monday to Friday
Full time 38.5 hours per week:
Tuesday & Thursday in Dublin Place Finders service
Mon, Wed, Friday in Amiens Street TEA.
Salary: €27’000 – Point 1 (Band C )
Locations: Crosscare Homeless services & Dublin Place Finders service, Parkgate Hall
Reports to: Manager, Amiens St in liaison with Manager, Dublin Place Finder’s service
- Provide support to Housing Case Workers in all duties involving the move- on process of Amiens St residents to a HAP tenancy.
- To ensure effective working relationships as part of a team led by the DRHE Project Manager and working on behalf of the sector to delivery access to tenancies
- To process HAP applications from Crosscare and other NGOs
- To ensure all necessary documentation is obtained from landlords and agents to complete the HAP application form;
- To ensure all rent and deposit payments are made in advance to avoid the necessity of landlords or worried tenants calling.
- To provide information on the Housing Assistance Payment Scheme to landlords and agents;
- To negotiate tenancy arrangements and rent levels with landlords and agents;
- To arrange appointments for viewings by Crosscare HCW and service users and where required, accompany service users to viewings;
- To keep detailed file records on the outcomes of contact and meetings with landlords and agents on the agreed ICT system used by the Dublin Place Finders Service
- To work on the Place Finder’s hatch between 1 and 2 times every two weeks and manning the HAP phone enquiry line once every two weeks
- Provide timely reports as requested by the Project Manager
- Work within the policies of the DRHE and Dublin Place Finders Service
- To perform administrative and other general duties as requested by the Place Finder’s Project Manager
Amiens Street TEA:
- Provide support to Housing Case workers in all duties to facilitate the smooth operation of a busy residential facility
- To facilitate HAP groups for service users,
- To check HAP applications
- To attend property viewings
- Provide a high quality service and welcome to all residents of the service, and engage with residents.
- To work effectively as part of a team and being open to reasonable requests from Deputy Project Leader or Project Leader/Team leader in order to ensure effective working relationships;
- To observe all Health and Safety policies of the project.
- Assist in checks of residents & building;
- To work in line with Crosscare’s policies and code of conduct, and the standard operational procedures of the service.
- To ensure all records are maintained accurately;
- Participate in regular supervision & training
- At least 6 months working in a Care Attendant / Relief Attendant role within Crosscare
- At least Fetac level 6 qualification in a Social Care related qualification
- Good computer skills – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Good knowledge of HAP, social welfare system and private rented sector
- Good customer service
- Good self organisation
- Self motivated and able to work to own initiative;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work professionally with diverse groups of professional and non-professional persons;
- Able to work in a team and contribute effectively;
- Good monitoring and reporting skills;
- Be solution focused to overcome barriers and blocks;
- Ability to deliver consistent and quality service to the project;
Desirable but not essential : Full driving licence
Application Process Applications should include an up-to-date CV and Cover letter demonstrating skills/experience required. Email to email@example.com
Closing date for applications will be 31st Jan 2019 and interviews held on Friday 8th Feb 2019