Assistant Retail Store Manager
(One Year Fixed Term Contract)
Age Action is the leading advocacy organisation on ageing and older people in Ireland. Our mission is to achieve fundamental change in the lives of all older people by eliminating age discrimination, promoting positive ageing and securing their right to comprehensive and high quality services. Our vision is that Ireland becomes the best country in which to grow older.
The essential role of the Charity store team is to generate independent funding for the core activities of Age Action. Currently there are seven charity stores, a furniture showroom and a stock collection and delivery service. The Head of Retail has overall responsibility for the running of the charity stores and stock collection and delivery service.
Age Action is seeking an ambitious Assistant Store Manager. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced person with retail experience who wants to make a real difference to the lives of older people in Ireland. The Assistant Retail Store Manager will be responsible to the Manager at our Camden Street store. As the Assistant Manager you will have full accountability for growing sales and profitability within the store as well as regularly overseeing the store in the absence of the Store Manager. The Assistant Retail Store Manager will receive training in all aspects of the operation of Age Action’s retail store and gain in-depth experience in all aspects of our work.
- Minimum three years experience in retail
- A track record of successfully delivering targets, on time and within budget
- Experience of organising and running successful promotional campaigns
- Experience of managing staff
- Demonstrated ability of working as part of a team
- Experience of managing volunteers
- Experience of social media
- Results driven and focused
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A team player with an open and flexible attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Motivated, with an ability to think creatively and seek opportunities
- Ability to manage multiple demands
- Flexibility in work arrangements – the role involves out of hours and weekend work.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing assistance in the management of all aspects of the store including:-
- recruiting, training, supervising and appraising staff and volunteers
- managing budgets
- maintaining statistical and financial records
- maximising profitability and meeting sales targets
- planning, promoting and marketing the store
- overseeing pricing and stock control
- handling with customer queries and complaints
- ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
Conditions of Service
This is a part time post, 3-4 days per week subject to probation period of six months. The person appointed must be flexible regarding working hours to include weekends.
Salary offered depending on experience and qualifications. In addition the successful candidate will be included in the Company’s Death in Service Benefit Scheme and eligible to join the staff pension scheme after successfully completing their probation.
Applications by letter outlining your suitability for the post (maximum 300 words), quoting job reference ASSRSM19, with CV and details of two referees by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Monday 18th February 2019. Interviews scheduled for week beginning 25th February 2019.
Informal enquiries in confidence to Gail Kennedy, Head of Retail on 01 4756989/ 086 4177607
Age Action is opposed to discrimination and the best candidate will be appointed regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity or other grounds.