Camphill Community Dunshane, are seeking applications from energetic and enthusiastic individuals to join our team for the following position.
Vacancy: Social Care residential setting x1, Social Care Support Worker day service x1, Social Care relief panel for both Day service and residential. X 2
“Camphill Communities of Ireland work to create sustainable communities where children and adults of all abilities, many with special needs, can live, learn and work with others in healthy social relationships based on mutual care and respect.
Most communities are a home for both people with special needs and volunteers. Members of the community share responsibility for the tasks and cultural activities of day-to-day life.
The job’s purpose is to support the intentional community, in developing and formalising a person- centred culture, and to achieve a high quality of personal outcomes in a time of rapidly changing regulatory requirements, while maintaining Camphill’s ethos and values.
To support the smooth running of a household for adults with special needs and coworkers in an intentional community, by being an integral part of a team of volunteers and employees in creating a positive living experience, and an environment and atmosphere within the home in which the individual needs of people can be met.
This role will involve:
- Working with and inducting volunteers in the practical aspects of their roles and coaching/modeling desired ways of working on an ongoing basis;
- Creatively supporting people to develop and pursue their aims & goals and engage in their leisure interests as well as coaching and leading volunteers in appropriate ways to support people to achieve the same;
- Delivering supports to individuals in regard to personal and intimate care and ensuring that they are provided to the highest standard in a person-centered approach;
- Creating a warm, homely and inviting home both atmosphere and appearance, conducive to the development of adults with special needs;
- Ensuring that all issues in relation to health & safety, food, nutrition, cleanliness & hygiene, record keeping, keeping of proper accounts and compliance with Camphill’s policies and procedures are always met to the highest standards
- Engaging constructively with the Management Group and communicate any issues or concerns proactively;
- Adhere to best practice and compliance with the National Standards for Residential Services for Adults with Disabilities.
- Actively participate in welfare meetings and ensure all relevant is communicated in line with best practise.
Key Job Requirements Attributes and Qualifications:
- Level 7 Degree related to Social Care. (residential)
- Minimum Level 5 related to social care (Day service)
- Full Clean Driving Licence;
- 2 years’ experience within the area of social care
- Excellent working knowledge of regulatory compliance and HIQA standards.
- Experience in supporting people who display challenging behaviour;
- This post is subject to Garda vetting.
- Excellent planning skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Flexible, responsible and mature approach to work.
- Excellent problem solving
- Good understanding of New Directions.
Hours: 40 hrs per week
Contract: Initial one-year period subject to a 6-month probation.
Please direct all enquiries to Stephen Sheaf at 045-483958. Full Job Description and Person Specification are available on request. Applications will only be accepted by email to Stephen.email@example.com with letter of application and CV attached.
Closing Date for applications will be Monday the 28th of February 2019
Please direct all informal inquires to Stephen Sheaf at Stephen.firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively on 045483628
Camphill is an equal opportunity employer.