OFFALY CENTRE FOR INDEPENDENT LIVING
PERSONAL ASSISTANT (1 Full Time Post) – CLOCHAN HOUSE RESIDENTIAL RESPITE CENTRE
Offaly Centre for Independent Living are currently recruiting for 1 full time Personal Assistant to work in our respite centre. You will be working with adults presenting with various physical and sensory disabilities in Clochan House Tullamore, Co. Offaly.
- Have a minimum of QQI (Fetac) level 5 Major award in Healthcare Support
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the area of physical and /or intellectual disabilities
- Have the ability to interact and communicate effectively on a one to one basis with services users of various backgrounds and disabilities.
- Have completed SAMS (Safe Medication Management)
- Have fluent written and spoken English and excellent report writing skills.
- Be flexible to cover a range of day /night/ sleepover shifts.
- Have an understanding of the philosophy and ethos of Independent Living with experience in assisting and enabling in all activities of daily living.
- References from previous employment
- Clean C1 Driving Licence
- Working Knowledge with HIQA standards
- Level 6 or higher in Social Studies being highly desired
- Have completed Manual Handling and People Moving training and be able to provide certification to support this.
- HACCPS (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) training
To apply for the above position, please send your CV with letter of application to: Lisa Weldon, Person in Charge, Clochan House Residential Respite Centre, HSE Campus, Arden Road, Tullamore, Co.Offaly, R35HP73 or email email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 25th January 2019