Lifelong Learning Support Worker (21 hours per week)
Dublin South City Partnership (DSCP) is a local development company delivering the Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP) across a large area of Dublin’s south city.
Job Role: The Lifelong Learning Support Worker will work as part of the SICAP team to ensure the successful delivery of the actions as outlined in the Lifelong Learning programme of work in DSCP.
Key Responsibilities (will include some of the following)
- To work as part of a team in delivering the work programme under Goal 2 of SICAP II
- To support the delivery of community based adult education programmes, using community development approaches.
- To develop innovative responses to engaging with people who are experiencing education disadvantage
- To provide one to one support and guidance to adults/early school leavers with regard to career progression and lifelong learning opportunities.
- To prepare personal action plans for SICAP clients
- To support the provision of programmes for children and young people to address the barriers and gaps in lifelong learning and education provision.
- To liaise with schools, colleges, CDETB, state agencies and community groups in the delivery of the SICAP II work programme
- As appropriate, to initiate and assist in the submission of funding proposals
- To prepare, as requested, reports and records for funders, the company and other organisations.
- To work cooperatively with other staff, board and committees in meeting the objective of the SICAP programme
- To undertake other relevant duties as required
- A qualification in adult education, youth work, social sciences, education/ training or a related field is essential
- Significant prior experience in one of the following: provision of support to adult education initiatives and to adults returning to education; organisation and/or supporting education projects which support young people aged 15-24 years.
- Proven experience and understanding of SICAP programme and its requirements.
- An ability to work collaboratively with a range of state and community bodies
- A clear understanding of how state agencies who deal with issues of education disadvantage and social exclusion operate
- An ability to develop innovative responses to social exclusion problems
- Knowledge of and ability to operate the required CRM reporting systems (e.g. IRIS)
- Excellent report writing skills with an ability to prepare reports and funding proposals for a variety of agencies
- Knowledge of local development and the changing local development landscape
- Strong IT skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a capacity to work with a range of individuals and agencies
- A flexible approach in the work place with a capacity to work outside normal office hours
- Ability to work as part of a team
The lifelong learning support worker reports to and is supervised by the Goal 2 Lifelong Learning Manager.
The salary for this position will be based on the first point of the DSCP project worker scale(pro rata).
The post is part-time (21 hours per week), preferably morning time, with some afternoon work. Arrangements can be agreed on commencement of the contract.
The contract will be for one year, until 31 December 2019.
Please email Lucy Harrington, firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the application form.
Applications including a covering letter and completed application form should be sent by email only to: Una Lowry, email@example.com
Closing date: Wednesday 23rd January 2019 at 5pm.
Late applications cannot be considered. Short listing of candidates will apply. Canvassing will disqualify.
Interviews for this post will take place on Wednesday 30th January 2019.
Dublin South City Partnership is an equal opportunities employer