NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Palmerstown Community and Youth Centre in Dublin 20: Temporary Part Time Community Centre Manager (Illness Cover)
Summary: The Community Centre Manager will be responsible for the overall management of the daily operations of the Community Centre. The Centre Manager will oversee the management and engagement of clients and activities as well as managing a team of staff. The Centre Manager will report directly to the Centre’s Board of Directors. He / She will be the main point of contact for the Centre and, in line with the Community Centre’s Mission, will endeavour to provide a positive focal point for the local community in an inclusive way through the provision of a space which supports the promotion of participation in educational, recreational and community activities, whilst maximising the use of the centre.
Reporting to: Centre’s Board of Directors
Working Hours: 25 hours - full flexibility essential including some weekend work.
Location: Palmerstown Community and Youth Centre
Salary: Gross €25,000
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Strong staff management experience
- Coordinating and prioritizing work and activities of self and others.
- Background in community / voluntary sector would be an advantage
- Ability to communicate effectively across business
- Experience of Managerial, Financial and Administrative duties.
- Experience of organising meetings and events
- IT literate with experience of accounts packages and Microsoft Office
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including welcoming and friendly manner
- Experience of marketing and promoting events and/or projects
- Ability to work flexibly and on own initiative
- Ability to communicate with wide and diverse range of groups and individuals
- Must have a proven work and attendance record
- Minimum 2 years managerial experience in community centres or similar projects with experience of managing accounts and budgets.
- Excellent business communication and writing skills
- Relevant Post Leaving Certificate Qualification on the National Framework of Qualifications.
For full a Job Description and Applicant Form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants for this role are requested to send completed application form by 5pm Friday 18th of January 2019 to email@example.com or C. Morrissey, Palmerstown Community and Youth Centre, Kennelsfort Shopping Centre, Kennelsfort Road, Palmerstown, Dublin. 20.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a child protection course and to acquire Garda clearance certificate.