TUAM COMMUNITY TRAINING CENTRE (TCTC)
Vicarschoraland, Tuam, Co. Galway
TCTC is recruiting a Full-Time Centre Manager
Tuam Community Training Centre (TCTC) is a community based educational service for those who are under the supervision of the Probation Service or who are referred by the Probation Service to the Centre. The Centre provides personal development programmes and certified accredited education to empower service users to acquire sustainable employment or progress to further training/education. TCTC’s vision is to support positive change in participants and increase civic responsibility. TCTC is a funded project and is allocated funding on an annual basis from the Department of Justice through the Probation Service. More information about TCTC is available on our website www.tctctuam.com.
TCTC is currently recruiting a Full-Time Centre Manager for a two-year contract. There is a six- month probationary period. This post may become permanent. TCTC is a funded project and all employment contacts are subject to receipt of funding.
This is a role requiring significant leadership abilities, to lead and continually develop a cohesive team across all TCTC services. The role is strategic in vision and practical in delivery. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the quality and capacity to deliver excellent outcomes.
The successful candidate will, working under the direction of, and reporting to, the voluntary Board of Management:
- Achieve the overall strategic direction of TCTC services
- Manage the Centre on a day-to-day basis
- Manage the Centre’s finances and funding
The successful candidate will:
- Work in close cooperation with the voluntary Chair and Board of Management in setting and implementing the strategic plan for TCTC services
- Address the needs of services users and monitor progress towards TCTC’s vision of supporting positive change
- Contribute to the continual development of new and appropriate services, which ultimately deliver better outcomes for services users.
- Oversee the supervision, support and further development of staff involved in the delivery of services, mindful of the challenging nature of their work.
- Facilitate an effective and positive team dynamic across the staff
- Support the design, introduction, roll out and operation of the ‘Governance Code for the Community Voluntary Sector working closely with the Board of Management
- Contribute to the preparation of budgets and work within them, seeking efficiencies where possible.
- Representing TCTC at an interagency level locally, regionally and nationally and in the media.
- Ensuring that data collection and information management/administrative systems are in place, operational, compliant with legislative and regulatory requirements and support the work of TCTC services.
The ideal candidate will have a proven interest and experience in the area of social inclusion and in multiple service and staff management. They will demonstrate the capacity to think and operate at a strategic level, and can demonstrate the vision, drive and commitment to deliver, in an environment which is challenging and complex.
Essential experience and skills include but are not limited to
- Minimum of 3 years organisational and people management experience including human resources policies and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coordinate a range of services towards the unified achievement of goals and the delivery of better outcomes.
- Minimum of 3 years working with people who are marginalised/ or disadvantaged populations, or can clearly demonstrate transference of skills suitable to deliver the service outcomes for service-users.
- Experience of being a representative at interagency level, towards advocating for better services, policies and practices.
- Experience of implementing quality standards’
- A relevant qualification (e.g. Youth & Community Work, Social Work, teaching or equivalent)
- Experience of engaging with statutory agencies (e.g. ETBs, Probation Services)
- Knowledge/experience of financial management
- Strong leadership and organisational skills
- Experience or knowledge of social enterprise
- Commitment to social justice/the welfare of service users
- Build strong connections between the Centre, the services users and the local community
Salary Scale: Depending on Experience - scale of €40 – 48k
Copies of the job/person description are available by email from firstname.lastname@example.org
Application, by C.V. and cover letter, by email only should be made to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications is: Friday, 25th January, 2019, at 4.00 p.m.
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Hazel Fleming (Manager) on 093 28115 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will take place week beginning Monday 4th Feb 2019 and it is anticipated that the successful applicant will take up the post at the beginning of March
Short-listing may take place. Canvassing will automatically disqualify. Late applications will not be considered.
- Successful Garda Clearance is required for this position