Information Support Officer
Reference No: ISOSW0119
Location: Co. Cork
Duration: Permanent Full Time
Hours: 37.5 Hours per week
Published: 09th January 2019
Closing Date: 4pm Wednesday 30th 2019
The prime purpose of the role is to work as part of the team in the Cork Office by providing a point of contact for service users to the Society who contact the Society by telephone, email, letter and in person seeking assistance/information are directed to the appropriate Conference. To treat those approaching the Society for help with dignity and respect in accordance with quality visitation guidelines.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
- Job Holder should be educated to Leaving Certificate level, however an office administration / secretarial or computer course would be beneficial.
- At least two years’ experience in providing varied administrative support in an office environment.
- One year’s experience of handling a diverse range of callers – both in-person and by telephone.
- Experience of working within a busy information environment is desirable.
- An in-depth knowledge of the geography of the South West region.
- Knowledge of the Society and of its mission and values.
- Knowledge of needs and issues of the poor and disadvantaged.
- Proficient in IT – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and experience with a CRM database is desirable.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
If you meet these requirements and have the desire to join one of Ireland’s best known, trusted and respected not-for-profit organisations please go to www.svp.ie/Jobs for details on how to apply, including full job description and application form. You can apply online directly or post your completed application form to HR, SVP House, 91/92 Sean McDermott Street Dublin 1.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted for interview.
SVP is an Equal Opportunities Employer