Job Title: Hubs Operative / Occasional Van Driver
Location: Tallaght, Dublin
Reporting to: Hub Supervisor
Salary: Dependent upon skills and experience
Contract Period: Permanent Position
About FoodCloud Hubs
FoodCloud Hubs (CHY20558) is a national charity fighting food poverty by tackling food waste. We source food that is surplus to requirements, from food retailers and manufactures, and redistribute this to local charities and community groups who provides meals to vulnerable people (individuals who are homeless, unemployed, socially isolated, and recovering from addictions).
Our Hub in Dublin works to serve Charities and Community Food Members (CFMs) in the Leinster area. The Hub in Dublin is open Monday through Friday, between 8:30am and 6pm to receive deliveries from various food companies; producers and retailers, and redistribute this food to CFMs in the most efficient way possible. This is implemented by the Hub Supervisor and team with the help of volunteers.
About The Role:
This is an exciting opportunity to join and support the growth of a proven organization that has already made real community, environmental, and business impact. The key duties of this role are: assisting in the warehouse, picking orders, booking in stock, and the day to day loading and driving of the vehicle for the distribution of food to the various charities and to ensure the ongoing success of the Leinster hub for FoodCloud Hubs.
Person and Skill Specifications:
- Positive attitude and willingness to develop new skills.
- At least 2 years experience of working in one or more of the following areas: food distribution, warehousing operation.
- Experience of multi drop deliveries in the Leinster area.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Experience of working in a highly regulated environment.
- Experience with operating a fork truck, pallet truck, and other warehouse handling equipment.
- Experience in optimising route planning.
- Experience working in a team environment.
Willing to train
- Willing to train and operate our WMS software system.
- Willing to train to the required recognised Food Safety and Health and Safety qualifications.
- Willing to adapt and assist with the daily workload in the warehouse.
- Willing to work on own initiative
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply, on a daily basis, with issues including food hygiene, health and safety, security of the van, and the safety and wellbeing of all van staff and volunteers.
- Maintain a positive relationship and good communication with food supplier and community member recipient projects.
- Review all supplier and charity collections with the Hubs Supervisor on a daily basis.
- Work with the Hubs Supervisor to develop new operational and logistics procedures, and lead on the implementation of these procedures.
- Assist the Hubs Supervisor with warehouse duties: booking product (goods in and out), picking orders, stock taking, general housekeeping, and other duties per business needs.
- Load vehicles and distribute product to charities on a daily basis.
- Ensure that the vehicles used by the Hub are inspected, maintained, roadworthy, and legal (taxed and insured, etc.).
- Occasional driving to the Cork and Galways Hubs as needed.
- Be responsible for the Health and Safety of yourself and others around you.
- Comply with all FoodCloud Hubs policies and procedures and with industry standards as required by food donors and regulators.
- Comply with monitoring and regulation systems as required for the organisation's activities and report on these regularly to the Hubs Supervisor.
- Other duties as required per business needs.
Foodcloud is a small organisation with big ambitions! You will be required to get involved in supporting all aspects in the development of the organisation, which may include ad hoc projects and events. A commitment to the values of foodcloud and knowledge of environmental/food/climate change issues.
Position: Full-time. Normal working hours 39 hours per week, Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5.00 pm with a 30 minute lunch break. However, business needs may require occasional work outside of these hours, which could include evenings and weekends based on demand.
Applicant must hold or be willing to gain Level 1 certification in Food Safety for Catering. Applicant must hold a full, clean Irish category B driver’s license and a fork truck license.
FoodCloud Hubs welcomes applicants who qualify for CSP salary funding.
Location: Tallaght, Dublin 24
Timeline & Process:
The role will begin with immediate effect. To apply for this role, please send your CV with a short cover letter (one page maximum) to email@example.com explaining why you think you are suitable for the role.
Closing date for applications: 5pm on Friday 25th January 2019.