Social Care Worker
Lorrequer House provides care for six adults with an intellectual disability with no challenging behaviours. We are a community based service and work from a person centred approach. Our ethos is based on community integration and we provide a committed, caring, home-from-home environment.
A vacancy exists for a full time, permanent Social Care Worker in Lorrequer House.
The successful candidate will:
- Assist the Social Care Leader in the day to day running of Lorrequer House to ensure the provision of the highest quality person-centred care to residents in an environment that is friendly, positive and inclusive, that encourages choice in relation to day to day living and promotes the health and safety of each individual.
- Deputise for the Social Care Leader in her absence.
Essential Criteria for Applicants:
- Post qualification experience of working with people with intellectual disabilities or a related field.
- An understanding of the needs, experiences and rights of adults with a learning disability.
- A commitment to helping people to make choices for themselves.
- Excellent communication skills and good report writing abilities.
- Good timekeeping.
- An excellent working knowledge of regulatory compliance and HIQA standards.
- An active team player but also able to work on own initiative.
- Ability to work flexibly, including evenings, sleepovers and weekends.
Essential Qualification required:
- Level 7 award in Social Care/Applied Social Studies or other relevant qualification at degree level.
Desirable Criteria for Applicants:
- Up to date Occupational First aid and Manual handling training.
Additional information may be obtained from: Andra Sombati – email@example.com
Please see Job Description attached.
To apply: Please forward a cover letter outlining your suitability for the post and an up to date CV including 2 referees, one of which must be your current employer to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 5 pm Tuesday 22nd January.
Lorrequer House is an equal opportunities employer.