NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Title: South County Dublin PPN Support Worker
(1 year fixed term contract)
South Dublin County Public Participation Network (PPN) is an independent umbrella organisation and network that provides a voice for all community & voluntary, environmental and social inclusion groups in South Dublin County. We are recruiting a Support Worker.
- To support the Resource Worker of South County Dublin PPN in the development of structures and processes that will engage communities in contributing to local and national decision making and planning
- To support the Resource Worker in strengthening the capacity of community groups to contribute positively to the community in which they reside/participate
- Provide relevant information for community groups and act as a hub around which information is distributed and received
- South County Dublin PPN Resource Worker
- South County Dublin PPN HR Committee
- The key duty of the PPN Support Worker is to support the PPN Resource Worker in their functions in developing the PPN as an effective structure to promote public engagement and participation via the environmental, social inclusion and community and voluntary sectors
- Organise and attend meetings, provide reports and any other reasonable tasks as directed.
- Network and engage with the community organisations and the local authority to develop the PPN as the reference point for the environmental, community and voluntary and social inclusion sectors in South County Dublin and to further the aims of the PPN
- Maintain the Salesforce database as an active and accurate register of member groups
- Support the implementation of a communications strategy to include production and distribution of a regular newsletter for members
- Managing the PPN website
- Promoting the PPN and its work to member groups and the wider community and stakeholders
- Preparing materials for public meetings, workshops, surveys etc.
- Maintaining social media accounts
- Assist the preparation of financial accounts and expenses payments.
- Work as may required on evenings and/or weekends
- Full clean driving licence & access to own transport
- Any other work which may be assigned by the Resource Worker on the day to day operation of the PPN.
- Excellent administration, IT and social media skills
- Excellent communication skills including fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Relevant 3rd level qualification or substantial work experience in a relevant area
- Knowledge and understanding of the Public Participation Network
- Knowledge and understanding of the Salesforce database
- Report writing skills
- Experience of working with community and voluntary organisations and voluntary committees
Working hours will be 30 hours per week
Assistant Staff Officer - Grade 4 (pro rata)
Please reply with a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 18th January 2019