Enable Ireland North East / Dublin South Services
Would you like the opportunity to work with a leading Irish national voluntary organisation?
Enable Ireland is a leading national voluntary organisation which provides family support services for people with disabilities and their families, in partnership with the HSE and other State and voluntary agencies.
We require dedicated professionals who are committed to providing the highest quality services possible to service users. We offer a challenging career as part of our integrated team approach to delivering services.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Home Support Worker based at our Enable Ireland North East Services, Meath.
The Role: The role of home support worker will be to facilitate the person with a disability in all aspects of daily living including assistance with personal and domestic care needs, mobility, accessing services in their community, and support with therapy and other programmes. The role of the home support worker is tailored to the requirements of the individual service user and as such will vary from person to person.
Overview of Duties & Responsibilities
- To assist the Service User with their personal and domestic care needs as required.
- To assist the Service User with therapy programmes as required.
- To facilitate the service user to undertake social and/or other activities as per service user programme or care plan.
- See Job Description for full list of duties and responsibilities.
The successful candidate will have:
- The Post holder will have previous experience working with adults in a community setting in the disability care or health care sector.
- Evidence of having commenced or completed Fetac Level 5 or other relevant Health/Social Care qualification.
- Minimum of 1 year experience of delivering personal care in a health or social care context.
- Ability to drive with a full Drivers Licence.
- Willingness to work weekends/evenings/sleep-overs.
- Specific requirements relating to working with individuals e.g. previous experience of working with individuals with Acquired Brain Injury/Epilepsy and/or Challenging Behaviour.
- A good knowledge of the disability sector and health services sector.
- An understanding of the Social Model of disability and person centred approach.
- Awareness of HIQA standards.
We would love to hear from you if you have a passion for working with our organisation and have the relevant experience/skills required for the role.
To apply applicants can download an application form from our website www.enableireland.ie where a full job description/person specification is also available and instructions on how to apply. Alternatively please email email@example.com or phone (01-2615944).
Closing date for receipt of applications is 12 noon on January 21st 2019
(Applications must be made on Enable Ireland Application Form only CV’s will not be accepted).
A panel may be formed for similar vacancies that may arise within the next year.
Enable Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
- The post will be subject to reference checks and may be subject to Garda vetting/police clearance, as relevant
- Due to the large volume of applications, we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to applicants who are not shortlisted for interview.
- Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants from all sections of the community.
- The above information serves only as a guide to the advertised position. Enable Ireland, at its discretion, reserves the right to change this prior to appointment