Job Title: Night Support Worker - 3 Year Fixed Term Contract-24 / 32hr per week
Reports to: Manager and other designated persons
The purpose of the job is to:
- Ensure the safety and security of Women and Children resident in Aoibhneas Women and Children’s Refuge.
- Represent the work and ethos of Aoibhneas Women and Children’s Refuge.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Provide safety and security in a lone working capacity to Women and Children resident in Aoibhneas Women and Children’s Refuge at night, weekends and bank holidays.
- Ensure all safety and security protocols are observed and enforced.
- To ensure the provision of emotional and practical supports to all residents in Aoibhneas.
- To operate the 24 Hour Refuge Helpline.
- To provide emergency accommodation to Women and Children fleeing Domestic Violence.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of all case files.
- Liaise with and inform the Manager, on a regular basis, of issues arising from work.
- Work under the direction and guidance of the Refuge Manager or other Designated Officer to ensure the highest possible level of care is maintained at all times.
- Perform such duties appropriate to the post, which may be assigned by the Refuge Manager or other Designated Officer.
- Ensure standards are maintained and adhered to inline with policy, procedure and legislation.
- Access the designated person on call when required in line with policy and Children's First legislation.
- Participate in relevant training and development courses.
- Participate in the provision of services as part of the Refuge team.
- Engage in supervision sessions on a regular basis.
- A minimum of 1 years relevant work experience working in a social care setting
- Knowledge and understanding of domestic violence and issues affecting women and children experiencing domestic violence.
- Concern for others
- Stress tolerance
- Self Control
- Ability to deal effectively with conflict
Terms & Conditions
- Part time post - alternate three nights (11pm-7am) on/ off.
- Flexible working from time to time
- Three-year fixed term contract
- Salary scale is €25,786-€34,514 (pro rata)
Applicants must submit a cover letter detailing experience relevant to post and a CV
A cover letter clearly stating what position is being applied for and cv should be sent to Emma Reidy, Manager, Po Box 5504, Dublin 17/ Email: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 1st February 2019 at 5pm