The Iveagh Trust is the longest established provider of social housing in Ireland, building sustainable communities since 1890.
Today, the Trust provides over 1,400 units of accommodation across Dublin City and suburbs, offering a range of housing options including supported housing for older people, the Iveagh Hostel for homeless men and general needs housing for families.
As a result of continued growth, the Trust now wishes to recruit a full-time IT Support / Administrative Officer. The position offers the opportunity to contribute to the work of a respected charitable Trust, in a challenging but rewarding environment.
Position: IT Support / Administrative Officer
Reporting to: Head of Strategy & Communications
Liaising with: Director of Finance
Contract: Permanent, Full-time
Probationary Period: 6 months
Terms: The Iveagh Trust offers excellent terms and conditions of employment including membership of a Defined Contribution Pension Scheme following successful completion of the probationary period.
Travel The post requires the use of a car for business purposes. The applicant must have a full clean driver’s license. Mileage allowance operates.
The applicant is required to strengthen the IT & Administration Teams, ensure the efficient and effective operation of the Trust’s IT and Telecommunications systems, act as frontline support for all IT related calls and assist in the implementation of new IT systems.
He/She should be a technically proficient, personable, flexible team player who is willing to adapt to a varied post in an expanding social business.
Principal tasks & responsibilities
- Frontline Support: Act as first point of contact for all IT related calls. Assist in resolving IT, Printer, Phone System and Mobile Phone operational issues in a timely manner, where possible.
- Liaise directly with the Trust’s IT support and phone system contractors to log, resolve and follow up on technical issues.
- System Administration: Monitor & support the efficient operation of the Trust’s Server, Databases, Internal Network and VPN connections to remote offices. (Windows Server 2008R2, SQL Server 2008R2)
- Ensure the effective operation of the Trust’s housing software and accounting packages, SDM and SAGE, liaising directly with the Head of Strategy, Director of Finance and software providers.
- Support the Head of Strategy & Communications in the delivery and implementation of new integrated systems across departments, a priority for the Trust.
- Manage and monitor the Trust’s ODBC spreadsheets and Document Manager System.
- Manage user profile, phone and workstation setup, email (MS Exchange/Outlook), software installation, printers, folder directories, permissions, anti-virus and updates.
- Maintain and update the Trust’s website (Wordpress).
- Manage and monitor back-up procedure and email spam filtering on a daily basis. Keep up to date with cyber risks and viral threats.
- Organise training as and when required.
- Order all IT, phone equipment and mobile devices for the Trust with a strong emphasis on value for money.
- Provide administrative support to the Head of Strategy & Communications.
- Provide administrative support for time sensitive projects across departments when required.
- Assist with annual rent review & new tenant rent calculations; liaise with tenants, process income and financial circumstances data to accurately calculate rent under the differential rent scheme.
- Generate batch letters / tenant correspondence using the Trust’s document management system.
- Assist with preparation and completion of statutory and regulatory returns.
This job description is not restrictive and will be subject to periodic review.
Required Experience and Attributes
The Candidate should:
- Have an IT related qualification and relevant experience in a similar IT / Administration role
- Have an excellent working knowledge of operating systems and software packages, in particular Microsoft Windows, and Microsoft Office; Excel, Word & Powerpoint
- Experience with MS Server, SQL, MS Exchange & Wordpress and Adobe InDesign would be an advantage
- Have strong attention to detail with excellent problem solving, organisational and analytical skills
- Have good report writing skills
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Be a team player
Full training and induction will be provided
All applications must include the reference code: ITA001, a cover letter and up to date CV.
Please send your CV along with a cover letter outlining your suitability for the position by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by post to:
The Iveagh Trust
Bull Alley Street
Closing date for applications is: Monday 28 January at noon.
Replies to selected interviewees only.
The Iveagh Trust is an Equal Opportunities Employer.