Caranua is an independent State body established to improve the wellbeing of adults who as children experienced abuse in institutions managed by religious congregations in Ireland. We do this by responding to applications from eligible survivors and providing assistance that will will improve their quality of life and prevent institutionalisation in later life. We also provide support, information and advocacy to survivors, build public awareness of the effects of institutional abuse and enhance the capacity of public services to recognise and respond to the needs of survivors.
Caranua now invites applications for the post of Head of HR and Administration. This post is a nine month fixed term contract.
Head of HR and Administration
Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will manage the delivery of the HR and Administration function in Caranua. The role will have a particular focus on work force planning to ensure the effective wind-down of the operations of Caranua. The person appointed will be a key member of the management team, reporting to the CEO. He/she will provide best practice human resources knowledge, team management, advice and technical management to support the delivery of the Caranua strategic and operational objectives and ensure the effective management of the Administration and Corporate Services functions.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate:
- Relevant third level HR or equivalent qualification
- Minimum of three years relevant senior HR experience.
- Minimum of two years’ experience of leading and motivating a team, driving outputs and productivity.
- In depth working knowledge of employment law issues and proven experience in the management of ER issues.
- Experience of managing and delivering projects of significant impact.
- Excellent analytical skills and proven problem-solving ability.
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
Further information on this role can be found on Caranua’s website: http://caranua.ie/staff-vacancy-at-caranua-12/
The deadline for all applications is Tuesday, 22 January 2019
Applications with cover letter (maximum of two pages) and CV should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will not be accepted after the closing date.
Please note that interviews are expected to take place on Tuesday, 29 January 2019.
Caranua is an equal opportunities employer.