Everything we do here at York House centres around making a difference to the lives of the people we serve. Whether living with cognitive impairment, mental ill health, drug or alcohol issues or debilitating illness, The Salvation Army Republic of Ireland will see the person and not the label. To help us do this, we have a team of exceptional specialist and support workers. There is now an opportunity to be a part of this incredible team.
The Salvation Army in the Republic of Ireland is part of the wider international Salvation Army, which is currently at work in 128 countries, demonstrating Christian principles through practical support and help to people of all ages, backgrounds and needs. We are a Christian Church and a registered charity.
Are you passionate about supporting those most vulnerable in our society?
We currently have the following vacancy within our York House Lifehouse:
SPECIALIST SUPPORT WORKER
(39 hours per week)
The Salvation Army, York House, Longford Street Little, Dublin 2.
€ 30,994.36 per annum + €2,500 Oncall Annual Premium
Working in York House can be challenging but it is also deeply rewarding and satisfying. If you are enthusiastic, motivated, resilient, flexible and compassionate with a passion for supporting people and ensuring that our service users enjoy the highest quality of life we want to hear from you. The successful applicant will be expected to work in sympathy with the spiritual principles of The Salvation Army.
Working in a professional role and environment, core responsibilities include:
- As a highly competent Specialist Support Worker you will be responsible for taking a lead role in addiction and mental health area, or working within a specialist programme and/or team to plan and deliver a high quality support service, which promotes client choice and control and ensures clients learn new skills, make positive life choices and achieve the best possible outcomes.
- You will ensure the programme contributes to the overall service by achieving both internal and contractual Key Performance Indicators and working with the Programme Coordinators and Support Staff to ensure services are high quality and cost effective.
- Assist with HR & Recruitment
- Provision of continuum of care through individualised, client led care plan.
- Responsibility for supervising staff
- Responsibility for making sure the activity calander
- Adherence to key working, use of PASS, housing needs assessment, care and case management protocols
- Ensuring Housing Needs Assessment (HNA) is completed and processed by the relevant local authority as appropriate
- Identification of appropriate move on options
- Workshop facilitation
- Administrative tasks; report writing, maintenance of accurate statistics, client case notes, PASS, HNA’s, activity reports and support planning
- A recognised third level qualification to degree level in one of the following areas: Social Studies, Psychology, Addiction, Youth Work, Social Care
- At least two years’ experience working in a social care field in a leadership or supervisory role
- At least two years’ experience of facilitating addiction or mental health groups
- Strong management and interpersonal skills developed in a demanding environment and experience of leading teams in the delivery of programmes resulting in positive client outcomes.
- Knowledge of housing services and management
- Ability to assist in assessments, care planning and client reviews
- Knowledge in care planning/case management
- Commitment to Health & Safety
- Capable of effectively managing challenging behaviour
- Facilitating physical and mental well being
- Diligent and conscientious
- Commitment to effective professional practice
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- 23 Annual Leave Days plus Bank Holidays
- A Rota that Compliments Work/Life Balance
- Excellent Training
- Pension Scheme
- Opportunities for Career Progression
Please see Job Description and Application Form attached below.
To apply: Please return completed application form to email@example.com
Do not send CV’s as they will not be accepted.
CLOSING DATE FOR COMPLETED APPLICATIONS: 22 Janaury 2019, 5pm.
Job Ref: SAYHSSW0119
Garda checks required