SOS KILKENNY Clg
SOCIAL CARE WORKERS
Job Title Social Care Worker, Residential Service supporting individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder and Intellectual Disabilities. (Ref to be quoted on applications: (Ref 2019 001)
Job Location(s) Kilkenny City Residential Locations
Reporting To Residential Manager
- 1 year Fixed Term Contract for 39 hours per week.
- 1 year Fixed Term Contract for 30 hours per week
- 1 year Fixed Term Contract for 24 hours per week
- Part-time Relief Social Care Worker
Shift, Evening, Overnight and Weekend work.
Salary Linked to HSE Social Care Worker Rate.
(This is not an exhaustive list of all duties but is rather a guide to the role).
- Responsibility to work as part of a team to assist residents to lead a full life as contributing members in their own communities.
- Work as part of the team with the line manager in ensuring that service objectives are met and reviewed so as to maintain, improve and develop the service.
- Promote resident involvement, consultation and participation.
- To manage risk in a systematic way that is embedded in a culture of safety, welfare and quality of life for residents.
- To support residents to have an enjoyable and fulfilling home life.
Education & Training:
- Degree in Social Care, Social Studies, Nursing, Youth and Community Studies, Psychology or Social Work or other relevant qualification at degree level.
- Working with individuals with intellectual disability/complex needs a distinct advantage.
- Experience in delivering low arousal approaches in a person centered environment.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Awareness of key worker role & philosophy of supporting people with intellectual disabilities
- Knowledge of Health Act 2007, HIQA and National Standards.
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to develop positive relationships with a variety of stakeholders in particular service users.
- Computer literacy
Competencies and Values:
- Human Rights Based Approach.
- Resilience, Positive Attitude & Openness to Change.
- Effective Communication & Working Relationships.
- Planning and Organising.
- Innovation, Creativity & Problem Solving.
- Full Driving Licence is essential.
Interested applicants should e-mail an up to date Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com Please note that applications will not be accepted if the above reference is not quoted.